Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, March 6, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2209 - Thank you for more absurdity GOP: Marjorie Taylor Greene is the new face of the CRAZY Republican party

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2209 - Thank you for more absurdity GOP: Marjorie "Traitor" Greene is the new face of the CRAZY Republican party

Almost caught up.

To the people who elected this nut job: WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?

or maybe

WERE YOU THINKING AT ALL?

and this one:


https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chris-cuomo-gop-nickname_n_601e4752c5b6c56a89a1230e

#GOPQ

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2209 - Thank you for more absurdity GOP: Marjorie Taylor Greene is the new face of the CRAZY Republican party. #MarjorieTaylorGreene #GOPCrazyPants #Lawsnotguns #gunsincongress #GOPBetrayedAmerica #GOPQ


LOW POWER MODE: I sometimes put the blog in what I call LOW POWER MODE. If you see this note, the blog is operating like a sleeping computer, maintaining static memory, but making no new computations. If I am in low power mode, it's because I do not have time to do much that's inventive, original, or even substantive on the blog. This means I am posting straight shares, limited content posts, reprints, often something qualifying for the THAT ONE THING category and other easy to make posts to keep me daily. That's the deal. Thanks for reading.


I am so behind as I type this (2103.07). So I am just going with simple posts or already finished shares or school stuff until I get not just caught up but pull ahead.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-terrible-things-i-have-said-and-done-my-entire-life-and-right-up-until-a-few-days-ago-do-not-represent-me-as-a-person


February 04, 2021

THE TERRIBLE THINGS I HAVE SAID AND DONE MY ENTIRE LIFE, AND RIGHT UP UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO, DO NOT REPRESENT ME AS A PERSON

“I never said any of these things since I have been elected for Congress. These were words of the past, and these things do not represent me.”
— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, addressing conspiracy theories and violence she has endorsed and promoted over and over again.


Before you make the mistake of rushing to judgment, I want to make one thing absolutely clear: the terrible, awful things I have said and done and enabled and incited over and over again for most of my life and right up until a few days ago do not represent me as a person in any way.

Sure, you can look at only the part of my life where I said and did incendiary and hurtful things. But that would only be about ninety-seven to ninety-eight percent of my life. What about the other two to three percent, which all occurred after I found out I was hurting my image and career? Shouldn’t that matter just as much, if not more?

And what kind of example does it set, that we must be held accountable to the despicable ideas and lies we used to publicly promote and endorse many hours and minutes ago in the past? Are we as people not allowed to change for the better, in just the last few days, once it’s our very last resort to keep a job we shouldn’t have?

Besides, these things that everyone is claiming I believe are complete distortions of what I actually said! The media constantly takes things I say and then repeats them on their news shows and in their magazines, and they always leave something out, like the thing I haven’t even said yet that lets you know I don’t believe the thing I already said.

If the media wants to be completely accurate, they should write down every word I’ve ever said in my entire life, then wait for me to finish saying everything I’ll ever say, and then publish only the good things that everyone will like. Only then would they be totally unbiased. Until then, they’re just cherry-picking.

Have you noticed that I’ve gone over five paragraphs without saying and believing and doing the things everyone is accusing me of saying and believing and doing? Doesn’t that show you how much I’ve changed ever since my publicist and lawyer and bosses told me that I need to change? Well, I think it does.

I think I’ve done a great deal of growing and learning in the last seventy-two to ninety-six hours. And I’m a completely different person now than I was all that time ago last week. So I’m going to wait until everyone moves on to focusing on someone else who’s been caught doing and saying bizarre, harmful things for most of their life, and then I’ll go back to doing what I do best: things that definitely don’t represent me as a person.

Kevin McCarthy Shows Marjorie Taylor Greene Who’s Boss: The Angry Lady With The Gun


screencap

Monday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer gave Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy an ultimatum: Either he bounces Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committee assignments or the Democrats would do it themselves. Hoyer gave McCarthy 72 hours to act, and now we'll all get to watch Republican leadership fold once again to its burgeoning extremist wing. It's like 2011, when the Tea Party freshman class came in and let their freak flags fly, all over again.

McCarthy, the man who would be speaker, had a long chat Tuesday with Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who's brought great shame to a party that already includes Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan. He wanted Greene to ditch her divisive “campaign mode" and behave like a normal person who doesn't think Jews have access to space lasers. This implies that Greene has a “mode" other than attention-getting or that she's capable of acting normal.

CNN reports that there's no evidence Greene is bothered by the fact that she's awful, which is an ongoing problem with terrible people.

“I regret nothing!"CNN


McCarthy reportedly asked Greene if she'd apologize for endorsing the assassination of her political opponents, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, grossly suggesting the 2018 Parkland, Florida, school shooting was a "false flag" operation, and questioning whether the Pentagon was actually attacked on 9/11. She said no, which makes McCarthy a big joke. The guy wants Pelosi's job but he can't convince a freshman representative who's been in Congress for a month to apologize for saying repulsive shit. It doesn't even have to be a good apology, like when Ted Yoho called Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a “fucking bitch."

Reportedly, McCarthy provided a “slew of options" to Greene, but they all involved showing a smidgen of remorse like a mentally healthy person. Greene wasn't interested. She's the boss now, because she has the unwavering support of the twice-impeached, one-term loser.

Georgia Elections Manager Gabriel Sterling told CNN's Kate Bolduan yesterday that Greene "has a very wide following in this country," but most evidence is to the contrary. Her primary opponent, Dr. John Cowan, believes she cost Republicans the Senate (hooray!), and that's not just sour grapes: Greene's congressional district had the biggest drop in turnout during the runoffs. Her crazy-making rhetoric couldn't deliver her own constituents to the polls.

According to Politico, House Republicans believe a floor vote on Greene's committee assignments “would be catastrophic," but Greene won't spare them one because like her orange idol, she doesn't care about the party as a whole. McCarthy will try to broker a deal with Hoyer where Greene is removed from the Education and Labor committee if Democrats let her remain on the Budget committee. Democrats are likely to response with all available middle fingers extended.

Ever the professional, Greene let loose a screed on Twitter where she made it clear that she'll never change and no one can make her.

Twitter

No matter what @GOPLeader does it would never be enough for the hate America Democrats. As much as he genuinely tries to work with @SpeakerPelosi for the good of this country, she refuses to see the hypocrisy of her own conference.

Democrats HATE AMERICA! Oogah-boogah! They are also currently in the majority and will decide her fate, but maybe Greene can't count. We both might've avoided the hard sciences when we were at the University of Georgia.

Greene went on to smear Democrats some more for unity. It's unclear how this is supposed to rally any skeptical Republicans to her side.

Filled with members who supported, cheered on, & funded criminal thugs who riot, burn, loot, attack police, murder, & occupy federal property.

She's stuck in the summer of 2020, but a MAGA mob attacked the Capitol last month. Try as they might, Republicans aren't going to find direct links between Democratic Congress members and “criminal thugs."

Members who sleep with our greatest enemy, marry their brother to get him in our country, lead a violent mob in neighborhoods, and more.

There it is. Some more racist, Islamophobic crap about Rep. Ilhan Omar.

Twitter

They are only set out to destroy Republicans, your jobs, our economy, your children's education and lives, steal our freedoms, and erase God's creation. And the bloodthirsty media are their henchmen who help them by relentlessly attacking anyone in their path.

McCarthy really got through to her, didn't he? As my wife would say, “He's awesome. He is awesome at his job."

We know who they all are. We owe them no apologies. We will never back down. We only serve the ONE who created us ALL, and we only bow to HIM. And we know who we are, free and saved by HIS grace. No matter what.

Yikes.

Greene can't hide behind hyperbole when she won't even say she's sorry for sharing explicitly violent rhetoric on social media. The one-term loser was impeached (the second time) for inciting a mob, and Republicans insist we “move on" so we can heal. Greene obviously isn't moving on and she's still pouring gas on the fire.

She doesn't belong on a committee. She doesn't belong in Congress. Republicans will sit back and do nothing as what Mitch McConnell described as a “cancer" in the GOP metastasizes.

[CNN / Politico]

Follow Stephen Robinson on Twitter.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2103.06 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2073 days ago


- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: