Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, March 22, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2225 - "This Wreckage" - Gary Numan - Musical Monday for 2103.22



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2225 - "This Wreckage" - Gary Numan - Musical Monday for 2103.22


This song has been my go to for school work for a couple of years.

I bought the Telekon album back in 1980 unheard simply because a friend of mine had The Pleasure Principle.

This album has remained my favorite by Gary Numan.

Simple Musical Monday because I am WAY BEHIND as it is the Friday following as I type this.

#garynuman #thiswreckage #topofthepops

Gary Numan 'This Wreckage' TOTP (1980)

5,805 views•Premiered Dec 3, 2020



The Arkive
138K subscribers

Broadcast on 18/12/1980

Taken from the album "Telekon" "This Wreckage" was released on 12th December 1980

Check out the Top of the Pops playlist here ➤ https://bit.ly/2F8np11
Top Of The Pops - 80s Performances  ➤ https://bit.ly/2GouWZR​

Subscribe to Beggars Arkive Channel ➤ http://bit.ly/2ELeyze​ and click on the bell button to get notified about the new Top of the Pops releases.

Beggars Arkive is excited to announce that all of our artists that appeared on Top of The Pops will be available on our Arkive Channel. Sourced straight from the BBC Arkive - Top of the Pops was the UK's longest music television programme. 

New videos will be published at 7 PM [GMT] on Thursdays.

The performances range from the very first Beggars signing The Lurkers in 1978, to a performance by Adele in 2008, plus everything in between, including Gary Numan, The White Stripes, The Cult, Bauhaus, The Strokes and many more. The footage is broadcast quality and has been transferred directly from the BBC archives.

Subscribe to The Arkive ➤ http://bit.ly/2ELeyze​
Beggars Banquet Archive ➤ http://bit.ly/2VBHdvZ​ 
21 of the Arkive's favourite videos ➤ http://bit.ly/2TcPYAf​

Follow us on social media:

#garynuman​ #thiswreckage​ #topofthepops


"This Wreckage"

And what if God's dead
We must have done something wrong
This dark facade ends
We're independent from someone

This wreckage I call me
Would like to frame your voice
This wreckage I call me
Would like to meet you, meet you
Soon

We write suggestions
Suggesting fading to silence
And that must please you
My mirror's tarnished with 'no-help'

This wreckage I call me
Would like to frame your voice
This wreckage I call me
Would like to meet you, meet you
Soon

[Japanese phrase - means "Goodbye, forever"]

Turn out these eyes
Wipe off my face
Erase me

Replay 'The end'
It's all just show
Erase you

I need to I need to I need to

This wreckage I call me
Would like to frame your voice
This wreckage I call me
Would like to leave you, leave you
Leave you, leave you soon

[Japanese phrase - means "Goodbye, forever"]



Gary Numan, This Wreckage (Extended Mix).


puresalvation2009
1.23K subscribers

Gary Numan This Wreckage (Extended mix). I do believe this is the first time you have ever heard this track extended? I may be wrong? Let me know if I am?

Anyway enjoy the journey.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2103.22 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2089 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: