Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 5, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2330 - "When The Stars Go Blue" - Musical Monday for 2107.05




A Sense of Doubt blog post #2330 - "When The Stars Go Blue" - Musical Monday for 2107.05

Greetings reader...

I am a bit behind on the blog. Start of the quarter. Ivan is visiting. You know...

Here's a song I love that I just found. It was the theme music for the audio book of Lisey's Story that I just finishing listening to.

The first thing I found was the video of the Corrs (a band I like and forgot about) doing a show in Scotland where Bono shows up to do a duet. Pretty cool!!

When I heard this song and looked it up, I decided to use it as a touchstone, and even the name of a section.

So, in the spirit of my Music Song-by-Song category, here's today's post, two days late.

THE CORRS

"When the Stars Go Blue"

Dancin’ where the stars go blue
Dancin’ where the evening fell
Dancin’ in your wooden shoes
In a wedding gown
Dancin’ out on 7th street
Dancin’ through the underground
Dancin’ little marionette
Are you happy now?
Where do you go when you’re lonely
Where do you go when you’re blue
Where do you go when you’re lonely
I’ll follow you
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue
Laughing with your pretty mouth
Laughing with your broken eyes
Laughing with your lover’s tongue
In a lullaby
Where do you go when you’re lonely
Where do you go when you’re blue
Where do you go when you’re lonely
I’ll follow you
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars, when the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue, blue, blue
Stars go blue
When the stars go blue
Where do you go when you’re lonely
Where do you go when you’re blue, yeah
Where do you go when you’re lonely
I’ll follow you, I’ll follow you, I’ll follow you
I’ll follow you, I’ll follow you, yeah
Where do you go, yeah
Where do you go, Where do you go

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Ryan Adams
When the Stars Go Blue lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Universal Music Publishing Group




The Corrs - When the Stars Go Blue
Apr 23, 2008



Live 8 feat. Bono (Edinburgh)



another version:

Bono & the corrs when the stars go blue
Nov 9, 2009




La version de The Corrs con Bono en VH1
Music in this video
Learn more
Song
When the Stars Go Blue (feat. Bono) (Live in Dublin)
Artist
The Corrs
Album
When the Stars Go Blue (feat. Bono)
Writers
Ryan Adams
Licensed to YouTube by
WMG (on behalf of East West Records UK Ltd); UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, UMPI, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor - UMPG, CMRRA, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., UMPG Publishing, and 11 Music Rights Societies



When The Stars Go Blue
Jul 31, 2018



Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group

When The Stars Go Blue · Ryan Adams

Gold

℗ 2001 UMG Recordings, Inc.

Released on: 2001-01-01

Producer, Associated  Performer, Guitar, Harmonium, Piano, Mandocello, Drums, Strings, Studio  Personnel, Engineer, Mixer: Ethan Johns
Studio  Personnel, Asst.  Recording  Engineer: Steven Rhodes
Associated  Performer, Piano: Richard Causon
Associated  Performer, Background  Vocalist: Julianna Raye
Composer  Lyricist: Ryan Adams




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2107.05 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2194 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: