Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, February 13, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2918 - The Year of the Cat - a mix for Music Monday for 2302.13



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2918 - The Year of the Cat - a mix for Music Monday for 2302.13

I will probably return to add more images here and maybe some text, but right now, I am in a hurry, so getting this posted in a way that I feel is incomplete, though it really isn't.

This mix came together around the first song "The Year of the Cat" by Al Stewart, a song I had forgotten about until it came up on You Tube, and I was reminded.

From there, I knew I wanted a strong love theme, though not exclusively songs about love, and mostly soft '70s rock, though not exclusively as the U2 and Oasis tracks among a few others show.

I also kept artists often grouped together, like following the first Al Stewart track with another, arguably his most famous, or later in the mix, the three Yusuf (Cat Stevens) tracks in a row.

I knew I wanted staples of '70s make out music, like Bread, Seals and Croft, and Amborsia.

I had only meant to include Bruce Cockburn's "Wondering Where the Lions Are," but You Tube showed me a live version of "If I Had a Rocket Launcher," which doesn't fit unless you expand your idea of love.

Of course, knowing my love theme, I knew I wanted to include early on "Love is the Answer" by England Dan and John Ford Coley.

Many tracks were surprising to me as I searched '70s soft rock, tracks I either did not remember or am not sure I ever really knew, such as "Hypnotized" by Fleetwood Mac.

I also included "Africa" by Toto for the vibe and because I love it as well as the 50th anniversary remake of "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison with an all-star cast.

I am proud of this mix. I have been playing it a lot as I work.

Happy Music Monday.

Thanks for tuning in.


The Year of the Cat Mix






The Year of the Cat Mix - TRACK LIST

[1] Al Stewart - Year of the Cat (2001 Remaster)
[2] Al Stewart - Time passages ( Live performance ) 1978
[3] Love Is The Answer - England Dan & John Ford Coley - Lyrics
[4] Love the One You're With (Single) - Stephen Stills
[5] Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug
[6] George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
[7] U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Official Music Video)
[8] Toto - Africa (Official HD Video)
[9] Bruce Cockburn - Wondering Where The Lions Are (Bing Lounge)
[10] Let It Be (2021 Mix) - The Beatles
[11] Pretzel Logic - Steely Dan
[12] Carry On - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
[13] Oasis - Wonderwall (Official Video)
[14] Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain (Official)
[15] Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line (Lyric Video)
[16] Hypnotized - Fleetwood Mac
[17] I.G.Y. - Donald Fagen
[18] Sweet Emotion - Leo Kottke - Topic
[19] Bruce Cockburn Live ...If I Had A Rocket Launcher
[20] Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Official Audio)
[21] Ambrosia - How Much I Feel (with lyrics)
[22] I'd Really Love To See You Tonight, England Dan & John Ford Coley
[23] Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me (1972)
[24] Fooled Around and Fell in Love ~ Elvin Bishop
[25] Seals & Crofts - We May Never Pass This Way (Again)
[26] POCO - Crazy Love
[27] Player - Baby Come Back
[28] Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (original version)
[29] Seals & Crofts - Get Closer featuring Carolyn Willis
[30] Bread - Lost Without Your Love (1977)
[31] Yusuf / Cat Stevens - Wild World (Live, 1971)
[32] Moonshadow - Yusuf / Cat Stevens
[33] Oh Very Young - Yusuf / Cat Stevens
[34] Peter Frampton- Baby I Love Your Way
[35] Carpenters - Close to You
[36] The Stylistics - You Are Everything




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2302.13 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2782 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: