Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3052 - "Precious" - Music Monday on Tuesday for June 27th, 2023



A Sense of Doubt blog post #3052 - "Precious" - Music Monday on Tuesday for June 27th, 2023

A return to the Pretenders in part two of two posts with Todd Alcott covers and classic tunes from an important and seminal band.

Previous post:


And Chrissie Hynde ROCKS!!

Thanks for tuning in.






Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Pretenders perform "Precious" at the 2005 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Looking for more Induction Ceremony memories from the Pretenders? Visit the band's official Hall of Fame online bio: http://rockhall.com/inductees/pretenders

Dive into the full 2005 Induction Ceremony video collection at rockhall.com/inductees/classes/2005 and watch all videos, read from the official Hall of Fame program bios and view image galleries from the big night and archival materials.



ANOTHER AND MORE RECENT LIVE VERSION





Award-winning, multi-platinum selling band The Pretenders featuring the Legendary Chrissie Hynde performs with special guests including Iggy Pop, Shirley Manson of Garbage, Kings of Leon and Incubus, recorded live at the Decades Rock Arena in Atlantic City, NJ.








"Precious" - lyrics

I like the way you cross the street
'Cause your precious
Moving through the Cleavland heat
How precious
You're taking nights and all the kicks
You're so precious
But you know I ain't shittin' bricks
'Cause I'm precious
Make me wanna
Make me wanna
Maybe make it
Oh your so mean
He's picked at fifth and Euclid Avenue
Was real precious
Hotel, still and comin' into view
How precious
Its a Pity that you bruised my hip
'Cause I'm precious
You shouldn't let your manners slip
You're too precious
Make me wanna
Make me wanna
Maybe make it
Oh suck
We were bound, bound, bound, bound to shore way
We want to do it, do it, do it, do it on the pavement
Maybe, maybe I'm going to have a baby
We want to do it, do it all night
I was feeling kind of ethereal
'Cause I'm precious
I have my eye on your imperial
You're so precious
Now, Howard the Duck and Mister Strausbow Straid
Precious
Trapped in a world that they never made
But not me, baby, I'm too precious
Fuck off!
Make me wanna
Make me wanna
Mabe make it
Oh so mean


Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Chrissie Hynde
Precious lyrics © Stylist Music Ltd., Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2306.27 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2916 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: