Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #345 - Miss Delbridge May 20, 1958 for Throwback Thursday



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #345 - Miss Delbridge May 20, 1958  for Throwback Thursday


Hi Mom, I came across this clipping while going through your stuff tomorrow. This weird time dilation is a product of the way I am putting together the blog as I write this on Sunday June 19th, Father's Day, but it's the entry for Thursday June 16th, a fun date: 1606.16.

This clipping was almost lost, and I am glad I recovered it. Lori and Dad did some sorting, but they missed some things. I know you would want these moments remembered.

I like that this clipping mentions that your fiancé was in attendance. I love the description of the event. The person who wrote this took care to document every important detail. I remember you talking about Mrs. Sobey and how much you loved her. Here's one reason why, surely.

I miss you, Mom. I know I write this on the blog all the time, but it takes so many forms. The missing of you is not just one experience or one emotion. It is mutable. It is multi-faceted. It is vast and also very tiny. It is irrevocable, which is the saddest cut of all.

But this is a great picture of you.


Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 347 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1606.16 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: