Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #359 - Mom at her best - Throwback Thursday

Tuesday August 17th 2010
MET-RBT 52nd Wedding Anniversary
at Mangia Mangia downtown Kalamazoo
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #359 - Mom at her best - Throwback Thursday

Hi Mom,

It's actually Monday July 4th as I write these words, and I am back dating because I am five days behind on the blog. I took a bit of a break, which is what the next four blogs will about and they will be short and sweet. I chose many things to do as therapy as healing as moving on with life in these days leading up to and including the one year anniversary of your death.

Here I am going to post some (not all) of my favorite photos of you, but I do really like this one. I love pictures of your with food on your face. These photos would NEVER have been taken before the meningitis, but after, you didn't care. In fact, you loved food and time with family too much to care.

I love your smile in the photo above.

I am sure I will have reflections with words, introspective text, later on, but right now, I am  walking a fine line between living life and having fun and remembering, reliving, re-feeling your active dying and your death, one year ago, on July 4th.

I have pictures and videos of your corpse. I am not going to share those. I prefer to think of you as this photo up top and these photos below.

Someone told me today that the first year is a bitch. I think all the years are going to be hard from now on. I am never going to stop missing you. But I will learn to put it in its proper perspective.

I love you, Mom.

Christmas 1972

At Turkeyville Nov. 14 2013

1985 - 50th birthday

Laura's Wedding 1995

Mother's Day 1976

2002

Christmas 1976

Mom's birthday 1984

at Lake with Dad 1957

the best
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 361 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1606.30 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: