Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #349 - Musical Monday for 1606.20

Mom in convertible a la Jackie K
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #349 - Musical Monday for 1606.20

Hi Mom,

I was going to lead with this picture of Alejandra Deheza School of Seven Bells (below).

But I need to feature more pictures of you, Mom. I may have shared the above photo before. I have quite lost track.

Here we are for Musical Monday, which is being posted ON MONDAY, which means I am caught up, which is a miracle, despite the number of whichs in this sentence.

SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS is the best band that I was sure my wife would adore as much as I do, and she doesn't. I have accused her of not liking music I recommend simply because I recommend it. She thinks this is stupid and untrue, but I wonder if it is indeed very true and something about which she is in denial.

Alejandra Deheza (below) is the only member left of the band. Her twin sister, Claudia, left the band in 2010. Alejandra carried on with Benjamin Curtis, but he was diagnosed with T-cell lynphoblestic lymphoma early in 2013 and died later that year. Alejandra Deheza released the band's last album, simply entitled SVIIB, earlier this year (2016); its music features Curtis as it was completed before his death.

Below I have links to a playlist of the entire album of SVIIB and one of the videos, again one I think my wife would ADORE, "On My Heart"; it captures the spirit of New Wave and gives it new life.

There's also the last song Curtis recorded, a cover of Joey Ramone's "I Got Knocked Down (But I'll Get Up)."

DAUGHTER is another band on which I am trying to woo Liesel. Below I have Daughter's performance at the 2016 BBC Music Festival. Last year, while driving around Scotland, Liesel and I listened to much of the 2015 BBC Music Festival on the radio.

There's other goodies here, too. A NEW song by Peter Gabriel, "I'm Amazing," just released a few days ago. There's "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" by the Partridge Family because my wife ensured that I had a great Father's Day yesterday. There's "Harden My Heart" by Quarterflash, one of Liesel's favorites from the 1980s, and a reminder that I need to harden my heart as I enter the one year anniversary of your last days, Mom. Lastly, there's a great song by BANKS, an American singer song writer. Very cool stuff.

This is a whole playlist for the week, Mom.

To my other readers, enjoy.

Alejandra Deheza School of Seven Bells

SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS - "On My Heart"





SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS -
"I Got Knocked Down (But I'll Get Up)"



Peter Gabriel - "I'm Amazing"




Elena Tonra of Daughter
DAUGHTER - LIVE - AT BBC 6 MUSIC FESTIVAL 2016
February 14, 2016



The Partridge Family - 
"I Woke Up in Love This Morning"



Quarterflash - "Harden My Heart"



Banks
BANKS - "Brain"



SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS - SVIIB
full album



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 351 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1606.20 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: