Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #373 - The Captain on Vacation - Throwback Thursday

1975?
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #373 - The Captain on vacation - Throwback Thursday

Hi Mom,

I think I can really keep this blog rolling with all these special features I do. This feature alone has many, many weeks of life in it. Though I am concerned that I have not used a good system for tracking which photos I share. It's very easy for me to have repeats. For instance, I have no idea if I have shared this photo before anywhere, on a Throwback Thursday or otherwise.

I know it was taken at Mackinac Island when we attended some conference of Dad's architecture group. The girl next to my sister is the daughter of some architect friend of Dad's. He may remember her name or at least her parents' names. Since Dad was not very scrupulous about labeling his photo files, I will need his help, also, to date the photo. I am guessing 1975.

Summer vacations. I associate this time with not working, so it's difficult to keep working when I just want to be lazy all day, swim, read, soak up the sun, eat great food, and relax. The whole system really spoils us with the strong September-May activity and then the long break in June-August.

I don't have much else to add. I am going to let the picture carry it and leave you with that thought, which is probably not new to any of you, least of all, you, Mom.

Maybe when the Big Guy gives me some data, I can add to the post.

Ah... summer vacation is calling me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 375 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1607.14 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: