Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #384 - Musical Monday for 1607.25



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #384 - Musical Monday for 1607.25

Hi Mom, I'm back again. Music time.

I love doing this blog. I was just thinking about that this morning, so I figured I should write it. Some may think it's overkill, but I like my decision to keep blogging a year past your death, Mom. I like being a daily content provider.

AND yesterday, I had over 400 different accesses to my blog pages. Granted much of this activity may be bots, but still, it's nice to see the spike in activity.

And I have always enjoyed sharing music.

Today's music is dedicated to found music as in it's music that came to me recently from someone or something else.

Several of the selections come from Warren  Ellis. He and I have very similar musical tastes, and he has had a hand in shaping my tastes and improving my life with his suggestions. Most of the selections on the page come from him, such as his suggestion in yesterday's Orbital Operations: Ela Orleans. I am surprised I have not heard of her before. Her work is wonderful. According to Warren Ellis: Circles Of Upper And Lower Hell is a fiver on digital and Ela's usual mix of inspirational, sometimes foreboding electronic cinematic soundscapes. I saw her live at the Oto in London earlier in the summer, and she was magnificent.

The above image comes from the Ela Orleans Bandcamp page for this album, appropriately. I chose it for the header image because it's the kind of thing Liesel would like, and so she may actually visit my blog to investigate.

The first selection is also from and for Liesel. This song by Cigarettes After Sex is her wake up song as the alarm every morning on her phone. I do not use my alarm as much in the summer, and it's turned down so low that I can barely hear it given the loud drone of the fans in our bedroom. I set mine most days for 5 a.m. but I often turn it off and wait for Liesel's to go off at 6 a.m., which means that on most mornings, we're listening to this song multiple times (2-5 times). There's never been a morning that she shut it off after one play. And one morning, I am sure we made it through five times, possibly six, which is a few too many times to listen to a song on repeat, even one this good. We really need to get more music on Liesel's phone so she can pick a different song every day.

Still, I really like this song, so...

Cigarettes After Sex - "Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby"




I have shared music from Daniela Andrade on this blog before. 

Apparently, Andrade has created an ep of songs that she's releasing "visually" on You Tube and proliferating via social media.

I have been her fan for quite a while. You Tube recommended her to me based on other things I was viewing, which is why I wrote that today is dedicated to suggestions by other "things" as well as people. Google's algorithm brought Daniela Andrade to me. She's incredibly talented.

Here's what's written on her web site about her self, her work, and Shore:

Daniela Andrade is a singer-songwriter based out of Toronto & Montreal, Canada. Originally known for her stripped-down acoustic covers and originals on YouTube, her music and videos have accumulated over 300 Million streams/plays and built her a loyal worldwide following of over 1 Million YouTube Subscribers.

Some notable songs covered by Daniela include a raw acoustic performance of Radiohead’s 'Creep' which has over 10 Million views on YouTube. A stripped down rendition of Gnarls Barkley’s “Crazy” has over 8 Million YouTube views, charted #1 on blog curating website The Hype Machine and received national television airtime on the USA network drama series, 'Suits'. Daniela’s music has also been featured on CBS’s 'Supergirl' and more.

'Shore' is a Visual EP written by Daniela that consists of 4 heartfelt songs about the fall-out of love despite best intentions. The accompanying short-film fuses beauty, symbolism and technology in the digital form of 4 music videos that will be released over the summer. Filming was done over the course of 6 weeks with journeys in Morocco, Cuba and Canada.


Daniela Andrade has managed to create a remarkable buzz by embracing the internet and social media to build and connect directly to her fan base. She has been able to do so while keeping completely independent. She is an emerging artist to keep your ears and eyes on.

Daniela Andrade - Digital Age - Chapter 1 (Official Video)


Published on Jun 28, 2016

Official Music Video for Digital Age - Chapter 1 of 4 of Shore -- a Visual EP
Shore EP is now available for download: http://smarturl.it/shoreep
http://www.danielaandrade.com




I discovered "Digital Age" about the same time she published "Sound," the second chapter in her series. The next two chapter are due in August and September. I am captivated.

Daniela Andrade - Sound - Chapter 2 (Official Video)

Published on Jul 19, 2016
Official Music Video for Sound - Chapter 2 of 4 of Shore -- a Visual EP
Shore EP is now available:
iTunes: http://smarturl.it/shoreep





Odina - You Loved Me, You Killed Me

Published on Jul 7, 2016
Odina's official music video for 'You Loved Me, You Killed Me'.
Click to listen to Odina on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/syb

As featured on 'Broken' EP. Click to buy the track or EP via iTunes: http://smarturl.it/isb
Google Play: http://smarturl.it/gpb
Amazon: http://smarturl.it/amb

Follow Odina
Website: http://www.odinamusic.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/musicodina

Written by Blanca Romeo
Mixed by Tobin Jones at The Park Studios

Horns arranged by Blanca Romeo
French Horn: Clara Marimon
Trombone: Esteve Bou

LYRICS
When I finish picking all of the pieces
That’s when I’ll give up on you
When I finish drowning in my own tears
That’s when I’ll move on from you

I loved mysteries, until you became one
Truth be told I don’t know if we were just for fun

With the tip of this blade
And kisses that fade away
You loved me, You killed me

Your fire burnt half of my soul
The other half I gave it to you
It rains but somehow your clothes don't get wet
And I still can’t blame you
  • Category

  • License

    • Standard YouTube License


From Odina's web site, link above: Odina’s aesthetic is melancholic and sorrowful, yet brimming with warmth and delicacy. Influenced by Keaton Henson and Bon Iver amongst others, Odina is set to release her debut EP Broken, a project conceived in the intimate space of her small London bedroom. Odina is a project that started not only at a point of emotional vulnerability, the breaking of a relationship; but also at a point of “exile” when moving to a different country, from the sunny Barcelona to the rainy streets of London.

Broken draws on Odina’s life experiences, having been recorded in both London and her native Barcelona, to explore the melancholy of a broken heart and of a mind deceived by the wonders of what could be, as opposed to what is. An experiment in auditory intimacy, each track on Broken is like a whispered diary entry, synthesising the deeply personal and emotional with the warmth of Odina’s delicate guitar accompaniment and reverb-filled production.

“Odina is delicately raw as her minimalist musings express an emotional core. Her vulnerability is another strength.” - The 405





Sea​-​Spiral Spirit by Hawthonn
via bandcamp

Phi Legard of Larkfall, whose part of Hawthonn from what I can tell blogs here LARKFALL AT THIS LINK.





The 42 Negative Confessions of Wingéd Ma'at  - by Wingéd Ma'at - via bandcamp


Wingéd Ma'at is part of Bloxham Tapes based in London. According to its Bandcamp page: "Bloxham have collected tapes over a period of 14 years. They allow interested groups of people to hear the tapes, which they feel add up to a strong case in favor of the theory of reincarnation."



Circles Of Upper And Lower Hell - Ela Orleans
via bandcamp

Ela Orleans (and that's the link to her web page) publishes via Night School Records, which is exists via that link.

Orleans was born in Poland but now lives in Glasgow, Scotland.




1955 by The Nightowl Sings

And, as I am composing today's Musical Monday post, I find that Bandcamp has emailed me to announce this wonderful music from Treehouse Orchestra Recordings, which I featured in
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #335 - Musical Monday for 1606.06 with WE ARE THE WOODEN HOUSES & LORÉN CLARE - (UNEXPECTED). This is good and haunting, also.

There's just too much good music out there.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 386 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1607.25 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: