Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #387 - Talking again #2 - Throwback Thursday


Lori Birthday August 1971
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #387 - Talking again #2 - Throwback Thursday

Hi Mom, So, here we are again. I have decided that this is now a regular feature. Knowing my content and keeping it easy is what I had conceived for this blog in the first place. And my original idea was just to continue my daily conversations with you. So, despite that I like to go off on any tangent that interests me.

Today is a very busy day. We have Naylor Landscape coming to estimate work, Rogers Heating and Cooling of Richland is here putting in a gas line, and Sun and Shade Awning of Three Rivers will be here soon to put in the new awning. So I am trying to work amid the chaos.

Yesterday was quite by comparison. The dog was at camp, and Dad came over to measure, but mostly I had the house to myself as the kids are on Beaver Island on a trip with Chris and that side of their family.

Tuesday was a truly great day, which I mostly spent with Liesel because I am trying to clear my schedule more, especially during the summer, on her days off.

So, I managed to bang out the most essential work yesterday and took off the rest of the day to spend with my wife, who has Tuesdays off each week. We had a great day. Not that I need much reminding of why I love to be married, and why I especially love to be married to Liesel, but it's days like yesterday's that I cherish.

And we did  A LOT. So, early on, Liesel had an appointment, which allowed me to get work done.

Then, Liesel had an appointment for a car repair. I met her at the KIA dealership as she was coming from her appointment and then we went to lunch at the Roadhouse, where we ran into Tom Meyers. Next, we decided to go to Gull Lake for a swim with Dad. We took Satchel who was not interested in going in or even near the water. Upon returning home, we abandoned Satchel to go shopping. Liesel had promised to buy me a pair of shoes because she loves me and is making good money. After buying new Brooks Ghosts at Gazelle and having a chat with Craig Girolami out in front of the Park Club, we went to Crossroads Mall because Liesel realized that nothing would make her happier than buying new tops for work. After a significant amount of shopping, settling in Olga's for salads, we realized we had not fed Satchel and it was passing 7 p.m. Satchel is usually fed around 5-5:30. So, Liesel posted this:



So here's a photo gallery of truly mundane, but I know you love this stuff, Mom. In fact, as the BG would often chide me during these phone calls, telling me you did not want to hear all this stuff, and then I would ask you if he was right, or if you did want to hear it all, and you would say you did love to hear it all, in excruciating detail, and we would laugh, or you would say "Stuff it, Robert," and we would laugh. Though those exchanges were years ago, during your fiesty time.

But here's some of the stuff of our life. Enjoy, Mom.

First, the new awning!



GAS LINE FOR THE GRILL INSTALL





Dad's old grill



 THE TRIP TO THE GRILL STORE FOR A PART


wood chips!!

comparable to Dad's old grill

electric smoker

Groceries Saturday 1607.23
SATCHEL

Satchel misses her mom. It's bed time on Friday 1607.22, and Liesel is not yet home from hanging out with co-workers after work.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 389 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1607.28 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: