Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #837 - Happy Birthday Ellory Queen!

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #837 - Happy Birthday Ellory Queen!

Hey Mom,

Today is the day we decided was Ellory's birthday.

Here's a series of recent pictures of Ellory wearing a bandage on her leg, which she managed to push off the leg wound and so we removed it.

Ellory does NOT like bandages on her leg.

I am not doing a lot text here for Ellory's birthday.

She's one years old by our best guess as of today.

She has some PTSD from her life before we adopted her on December 23rd of 2016.







I literally smother her with love, and it helps her, but loud noises and even a mildly annoyed tone among many things freak her out. I swatted at a fly the other night at bed time, and she could not settle comfortably in the bed for a couple of hours and tried to hide or get away.

Also, bandages freak her out, apparently.

Ellory got hurt playing with Rocco, the other dog temporarily staying with us. These pictures are from a few days ago, so the cut/bite/scratch/whatever has mostly healed since.

Ellory is a very sweet and loving puppy girl. She's our baby.

But... the bandage incident caused all sorts of PTSD behavior.

For instance, here's Ellory hiding... You can't really get a sense for how far away she is in either picture but I tried.




BANDAGE close up.


Bandage and Satchel, looking on with an eye roll and a request to go outside.

Satchel was like "Really? This puppy is crazy..."



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 839 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1710.21- 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: