Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #841 - Meet Up - Data Analytics - Vantechy


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #841 - Meet Up - Data Analytics - Vantechy

Hi Mom, This is not a super exciting post, and it's a week late, but it's on point. Here's what I am up to lately: CODING.

Last week, Wednesday October 18th. I went to my first Code and Learn Meet Up for the VanTechy group on Vancouver.

We met at the Columbia Collective in downtown, old town Vancouver, which is a cooperative office space that offers rental space and membership. I was very impressed with the big open work areas and huge windows overlooking the street.

The presentation featured a guy name Paul Sochaki talking about his data base work.

I considered posting notes from his presentation but decided that it may be somewhat proprietary, and so I did not. However, I am sharing his note in the following, which he made public on the Internet.

I may offer to do a presentation soon.

I have been studying a lot of things to do with coding. This meet up gave me a chance to learn something new and talk to like minded people, which is putting me one step closer toward my goal to work in this industry.

More to report, but I am short on time, so...

I know, this is not very exciting. But it is what I am doing, so...

Here's the link to the meet up.
https://www.meetup.com/VanTechy/events/243990882/

Here's my comment about the meet up and I gave it five stars.

Christopher Tower
This was an excellent meet up! I learned a lot about database work and got to talk to some cool people interested in coding and tech. I am definitely going to the next one.
Like · Reply · just now · Mute
Here's the text of the meet up event.

Code and Learn - A VanTechy Track

Vantechy Code and Learn is a twice-monthly meetup designed for people interested in coding to hone their skills and meet other like-minded people on this side of the river.
Come and join us for a low-key coding event where beginners can learn to program, experienced devs can work on their projects, and everyone can socialize with other coders!
This week group member Paul Sochaki will be doing our brief intro session to teach us all a little bit more about what he's working on, data analysis, and R.
No experience? No problem! People of all skill levels and backgrounds are welcome. All you need is a computer.
A few learning resources:
Here's Paul's comments:

Paul Sochacki
Hi everyone,
I've uploaded the slides from my presentation discussing clinical research and the role of data analytics. Check out the following resources if you're interested in learning more about the topics that were discussed:
Thank you to everyone that made it out tonight, and I look forward to hearing about other programmers projects at future Code & Learn workshops!
Cheers,
Paul

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 843 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1710.25 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: