Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1070 - Portland Ultimate Spring Tournament



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1070 - Portland Ultimate Spring Tournament

Hi Mom, 

So, yesterday, I volunteered at Portland Ultimate's end of Spring League Tournament.

I always forget to take pictures of myself or even of the other cool volunteers with whom I worked or of other players with whom I interacted.

I am currently several days behind on the blog, so this is a quick post with rather boring photos.

I elected to use the sky photo that I caught accidentally as the header because it's a nice photo, though not quite about Ultimate. Also, it's misleading. It rained and even hailed for a time. After many hot and dry days lately, the skys dumped a lot of rain.

Still, it's exciting to see the spread Portland Ultimate puts on. a spread my homeys back in KUDL can only dream of. Some day, KUDL might have something like this, though on a smaller scale.

There were sixteen teams in the main tournament on the grass fields (seen in the photos) with another six teams from Rec league on the astro turf (not shown in photos).

The league buys a ton of food (much of it seen in photos). There's breakfast and snacks, but then a full grilling enterprise with sausages, chicken patties, hamburgers, vegie burgers, and vegie sausages.

I was thrilled to be part of it.

We started at 7:30, set up quicker than ever according to organizer Roxy, then grilled from 11:30 to about 3 p.m. finishing up with food for those who played finals who do not always have time to eat (though they did) until finals are over.

The Ultimate was good to watch, too. Some great athletes and strong throws.

I am signed up for summer league (less of a big deal in Portland than Spring), and now that I volunteered, I am automatically in Spring for 2019. Spring league closes for men within 20-30 minutes of the registration going live!

I thought of you all in KUDL the whole time I was out there.

I miss my homeys. But I may be making some new homeys.
















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1072 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1806.10 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: