Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, September 20, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1676 - Daniel Johnston RIP

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1676 - Daniel Johnston RIP

Daniel Johnston died. You may have heard.

I am only mildly ashamed to say I discovered him via Bit Torrent and downloaded his entire catalog.
I loved it, and so I invested money in much of it following my download frenzy.

He is one of the greatest song writers of our generation.

Here's some links and Warren Ellis' goodbye.



RIP DANIEL JOHNSTON - KEXP

RIP DANIEL JOHNSTON - VARIETY

DANIEL JOHNSTON DEAD AT 58 - PITCHFORK


https://warrenellis.ltd/score/daniel-johnston/


Daniel Johnston

This was the first Daniel Johnston song I ever heard, played to me by Marie Javins, who knew him. This was way back in the '90s, you understand. Daniel Johnston, who in many ways was the most perfect pop song writer of our generation, died last night.



And, to prove that point about Johnston as a pop song writer, here’s one of his songs arranged and performed by M Ward.





























+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1909.20 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1539 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: