Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, September 28, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1684 - Three Things About Baseball - game length, playoff rank, and Goodbye

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/26658623/how-baseball-changed-150-years

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1684 - Three Things About Baseball - game length, playoff rank, and Goodbye

Goodbye to the regular season of Baseball for 2019. As of tomorrow, when the last games of the regular season are played, one of my constant companions, one of my good friends, Baseball games for the Detroit Tigers and the Chicago Cubs will adjourn until next spring.

I am sad. I didn't expect much of the Tigers this year, though I hoped that they would get 50 wins, which they are not going to do. But not only did I think the Cubs would make the post-season, but I believed that they would win the Central division.

And then, they failed.

I will watch post-season games, but I will miss my Cubs.

ADDED (1909.29): I just found out that because of rained out games, the Tigers will only play 161 games this season. I am being CHEATED out of a game?? I could have one more game?

Seems wrong, though the Tigers and White Sox records and standings have no effect on anything except another bittersweet struggle for greater mediocrity.

As for the post-season, here's the teams in the order I care about seeing winners win.

HOUSTON ASTROS
OAKLAND ATHLETICS
TAMPA BAY RAYS
ATLANTA BRAVES
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
MILWAUKEE BREWERS
WASHINGTON NATIONALS
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
NEW YORK YANKEES

I most want to see the last two teams in the list lose.

I know I have three AL teams at the top before any NL teams, but I care more about seeing any of those win.

I would love to see a match of teams that no one expects to see.

Normally, I do not cheer for any Texas teams to win anything, but I like this Astros team a lot and I LOVE JUSTIN VERLANDER.

At least the Cubs are a spoiler right now, exacting revenge with their B squad in beating the Cardinals last night and again today (even though the blog post's official time is 10 hours before the final score of the Saturday game).

GAMES ARE TOO LONG

I hear this a lot when people complain about Baseball.

Linda Cohn just said it on Sportscenter last night, which is what prompted this content.

Also, people say that the game of Baseball is "boring."

I often suggest that Baseball is a thinking person's game.

But why does everything have to be fast and fast-paced?

Where's the appreciation for the slow things?

I don't think games need to be shorter; I think games should be longer.

I would love to enjoy a five hour Baseball game. I would love to spend LITERALLY ALL DAY at the ball park.

I always wonder if the people who claim that Baseball games are long, slow, and boring have actually watched a whole game, have talked about its rules, its history, its nuances. Or are they just repeating what other people say as if they were a bunch of parrots.

Why does fast equal good?

Supposed "fast" food (which is often not delivered all that fast) is pretty terrible. It's NOT good.

Sure, other sports are "faster" and games are shorter. But is soccer really any more exciting or any more intense when the score is close?

I say, make the games LONGER.

And so, here's two links that were hanging around, waiting to be shared.

I also say elect Bonds and Schilling. I suppose Roger Clemens, too, even though I cannot stand the guy.

This whole "cheating" BS is stupid.

BONDS, SCHILLING, CLEMENS IN THE HALL

https://sports.yahoo.com/barry-bonds-roger-clemens-curt-schilling-will-probably-get-hall-fame-just-not-year-235034332.html?src=rss

And I  LOVED Bill Freehan. Sad to hear of his passing.

BILL FREEHAN - The greatest Tigers catcher
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2018/10/28/detroit-tigers-history-star-catchers/1781150002/?src=rs

Goodbye Baseball's regular season.

See you in March of 2020.


oh yeah, and this stuff from the next day.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27731818/ex-cub-david-ross-interest-succeeding-joe-maddon-manager



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1909.28 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1547 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: