Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, June 21, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2316 - Kandace Springs "Pearls" - Sade cover - Musical Monday for 2106.21

Photo: Robby Klein

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2316 - Kandace Springs "Pearls" - Sade cover - Musical Monday for 2106.21 

I love women, not gonna lie. Always have.

I love women's voices, attitudes, verve, energy, jazz, smooth groove, intelligence, strength, passion.

I am also a total sucker for the sultry, deeper voices, and the big bushy 'fros. And the dark women.

So I am not going to apologize for now that I have discovered KANDACE SPRING that I am going to post a series of sexy pictures of her.

I mean, come on, man... Why wouldn't I do that?

I do that as much for adoration, respect, and admiration as for attraction.

But, damn, she's gorgeous, you know?

And she covers Sade... because Sade is amazing and Love Deluxe, the album from which "Pearls" originates, is one of the greatest albums of all time and one of my top ten.

This is so DOPE!

Kandace Springs - Pearls (Official Video) ft. Avishai Cohen
Jan 30, 2020


Kandace Springs

Pre-Save Kandace Springs "The Women Who Raised Me" on Spotify here: https://kandacesprings.lnk.to/TWWRM

Music video by Kandace Springs performing Pearls. © 2020 Capitol Records, LLC

Music in this video
"Pearls"
Artist
Kandace Springs
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of Blue Note (BLU)); Sony ATV Publishing, LatinAutor - SonyATV, LatinAutorPerf, CMRRA, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., and 4 Music Rights Societies


https://www.albumism.com/new-music/kandace-springs-pearls-sade-cover

NEW MUSIC WE LOVE: Kandace Springs’ “Pearls” (Sade Cover)

January 31, 2020 


When I interviewed Kandace Springs back in August 2018 in conjunction with the release of her excellent album Indigo, we discussed her musical influences, as well as her proven penchant for reimagining other artists’ songs. “I would love to do a cover of Sade’s ‘Pearls’ in the future,” she confided. “It gives me chills!”


Well, mission accomplished. Today the Nashville-bred singer-songwriter-pianist has unveiled her stunning rendition of “Pearls,” which Sade originally included on their 1992 album Love Deluxe. It serves as the lead single from her forthcoming covers album entitled The Women Who Raised Me, which comprises Springs’ reverential interpretations of songs by her musical heroes, including Ella Fitzgerald, Roberta Flack, Astrud Gilberto, Lauryn Hill, Billie Holiday, Diana Krall, Carmen McRae, Bonnie Raitt, Nina Simone, and Dusty Springfield.

"This is an album I've been wanting to make forever," Springs reveals in an official statement. "It really expresses my love for all of these singers and gratitude for what they gave me. Each taught me something different and all of those lessons combined to make me who I am now.”

The Women Who Raised Me arrives in stores March 27th courtesy of Blue Note Records and the accompanying video for “Pearls” appears below for your viewing and listening pleasure. Also be sure to catch Springs performing live during her upcoming tour.


















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2106.21 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2180 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: