Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, November 7, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2820 - Roger Waters in Concert - Music Monday for 2211.07



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2820 - Roger Waters in Concert  - Music Monday for 2211.07

I have been meaning to share this post for about two months. I am always putting off stuff that seems hard or too involved.

I loved the concert.

I do not agree with all of Roger's opinions, but you know, that's okay. I am also tired of bullshit cancel culture just because we disagree with someone.

There's a demonstrable difference between people with differing views over Ukraine or even the anti-Trans rhetoric of JK Rowling, and some asshat trying to defend the freedom to be hateful racist and/or to espouse violence against other people based on race. Fuck racism. But many of us can agree to disagree on policy. Even Rowling's unfortunate remarks, strike me as less hateful and exclusionary -- not trans people do not and should not exist -- and more a defense of biological sex. She's still wrong, though I admit that I need more research to decide HOW wrong and whether she crosses into that hateful racist camp (in this case bigotry toward trans people).

Anyway, none of that tripe I just spewed is about Roger Waters, who is arrogant, yes, but maybe deservedly so. He is the creative force behind Pink Floyd's brilliance. Granted, all four of them made the band what it is, but there's a reason that Waters' work is sharper than Gilmour alone. 

Also, I think I am over castigating Waters for breaking up the band and for being a self indulgent prick.

I can listen to The Final Cut  again, and in hindsight, I like it rather a lot more than I did when it came just before the breaking of Pink Floyd.

Also, I never saw Pink Floyd in concert, though both the Animals and The Wall tours came to Kalamazoo and our little Wings stadium. I was a Pink Floyd fan in 1978 with Animals, just 16 and just driving and not yet in possession of the Animals album. I did get The Wall when it came out in 1980, but I did not have the means or the experience to go see the concert. At 18, I did not yet have the foresight to know that if I did not see the band when they came to town that I may never see them.

I bought up all the Roger Waters solo stuff before the concert. It's pretty good stuff.

Here's some of my videos and photos plus a little story I sent a friend AND a review later on.

Thanks for tuning in.

ENJOY.

I should be working.

I should be writing.

I choose to write to you because I want to.

 

Wow.

Back home.

Comic con. Very nerdy.

ROGER WATERS CONCERT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. One of the best shows I have EVER seen. I will send my blog post later. An inflatable sheep floating right over my head. I had incredible seats. I just wish he had played “Time” or maybe the entire first side of DARK SIDE as he did almost the entire second side. Just do the whole fucking album then. Amazing for a 78 year old.

After a meeting at Capitol Records, Syd and Roger stopped at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, and Syd turns to Roger and grins:

“It’s nice here in Las Vegas.”

But then his face darkens… “Except for one thing…”

And with a look of great disgust on his face, he spits out one word:

“People.”

Thought you might like that. 



SHEEP ONE






Roger Waters - "This is not a Drill Tour"

Setlist[edit]

The following set list was obtained from the concert held on July 6, 2022 at the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh.[35]

Set 1

1.      "Comfortably Numb"

2.      "The Happiest Days of Our Lives"

3.      "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2"

4.      "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 3"

5.      "The Powers That Be"

6.      "The Bravery of Being Out of Range"

7.      "The Bar"

8.      "Have a Cigar"

9.      "Wish You Were Here"

10.   "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-VIII)"

11.   "Sheep"

 

Set 2

12.  "In the Flesh"

13.  "Run Like Hell"

14.  "Déjà Vu"

15.  "Is This the Life We Really Want?"

16.  "Money"

17.  "Us and Them"

18.  "Any Colour You Like"

19.  "Brain Damage"

20.  "Eclipse"

Encore

21.  "Two Suns in the Sunset"

22.  "The Bar" (reprise)

23.  "Outside the Wall"

 

·        During some concerts, part VIII of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" has been replaced with part V.

 SHEEP TWO





































Christopher J. Ferguson

Review: Roger Waters, This is Not a Drill





Here's some more:











MORE








I came from Rose City Comic Con before I went to the Roger Waters Concert. Here's some photos:








And some pictures of Satchel because they were with these others...










Satchel had surgery to repair knee ligament and also to remove a fatty mass.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2211.07 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2684 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: