Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, November 11, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2824 - Thank You For Your Service to Our Country - Veteran's Day 2022


A Sense of Doubt blog post #2824 - Thank You For Your Service to Our Country - Veteran's Day 2022

This is my announcement for Veteran's Day.

At Park University, I post two Veteran's Day related announcements every semester, which means ten announcements a year (Park has five semester annually).

The pic above is my Dad, who served in the Army and National Guard.

Happy Veterans Day.     

It’s Veteran’s Day!  

Since I know some of you are current military or veterans, I want to acknowledge all those who have served our country. I have never had the pleasure to serve, but I am deeply grateful to all those who have served and do serve, especially those who died in service or suffer lasting effects from their time in service. Thank you. One day is hardly acknowledgment enough.

 

VETERANS - THANK YOU

 

One of my favorite authors said it best:

 

“On this Veteran's Day and 100th anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I (last year), I give thanks and honor to the people who have served in our armed forces, in war and in peace. May their service not be forgotten” (@scalzi, Twitter).

 

 


#DisciplineIsAVehicleForJoy

peace, chris tower, your friend in learning!
https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/

"It's on America's tortured brow
That Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow..." ~ David Bowie

“Always look on the bright side” - from THE LIFE OF BRIAN
#WritingIsRewriting
"An open mind is a curious mind ready to learn!"

 

me and my Dad. My Dad is a vet.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2211.11 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2688 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: