Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2829 - "One" - the song - Reprint of Hey Mom #133 from 11/16/15



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2829 - "One" - the song - Reprint of Hey Mom #133 from 11/16/15

Today is a reprint of a Hey Mom post (#133) November 16th, 2015 of a reprint of my seven songs sequence that I did even earlier than Hey Mom post #133.

Here's the post from seven years ago.

Thanks for tuning in.

Monday, November 16, 2015

via Dori - Thanks

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #133 - "One" again, Seven Song part two

Hi Mom,

I always said these would be short. This item has nothing to do with puppies but puppy pictures are always appreciated, right Mom?

In trying to do the seven songs thing, though not in consecutive days, I posted about the song "One" by U2 and I posted that at this LINK HERE: Hey Mom #115.

Then, I was reading about the song, via Bono, in the very cool Reunions issue of Entertainment Weekly dated October 16-23, 2015. Here's what Bono had to say about the song. It's all I have for today as I being smothered under a mountain of work.

Find it at this link EW - 25 YEARS AGO ARTICLE or reprinted below WITHOUT permission (I love doing that, BTW).

Bono, front bloke of the band U2 said the following:

I remember flying to Germany to record “Achtung Baby.” We were on the last plane into the old [formerly divided] Berlin. The pilot had the sky to himself so he circled the city a few times. When we landed, we went out to find the rumored parade and celebration [for the reunification of Germany]. We walked out to find this rather glum crowd of people, and I’m thinking, “Wow, the Germans don’t know how to party! What is this?” Then I found out we were at the wrong party — we were at the protest for the wall coming down, with all the communists! But we indeed found some very festive Germans and had a very late night with them. It was a very exciting moment to be in Berlin. But we were having a difficult time recording, to tell the truth. It was a cold winter. We wrote our song “One” about that coldness, and the coldness we’re referring to is oddly about the band. We weren’t getting on very well. We almost broke up. The song became something we held on to quite tightly. And it became an anthem in Berlin, in the east and west. “We’re one, but we’re not the same.” It was special. You learn this lesson continually as a band, which is that you’re made much better by the company you keep.

Here's another version of "One."



Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- Days ago = 135 days ago
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1511.16 - 10:10



LOW POWER MODE: I sometimes put the blog in what I call LOW POWER MODE. If you see this note, the blog is operating like a sleeping computer, maintaining static memory, but making no new computations. If I am in low power mode, it's because I do not have time to do much that's inventive, original, or even substantive on the blog. This means I am posting straight shares, limited content posts, reprints, often something qualifying for the THAT ONE THING category and other easy to make posts to keep me daily. That's the deal. Thanks for reading.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - date - time

- Days ago = ## days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: