Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #133 - "One" again, Seven Song part two


via Dori - Thanks

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #133 - "One" again, Seven Song part two

Hi Mom,

I always said these would be short. This item has nothing to do with puppies but puppy pictures are always appreciated, right Mom?

In trying to do the seven songs thing, though not in consecutive days, I posted about the song "One" by U2 and I posted that at this LINK HERE: Hey Mom #115.

Then, I was reading about the song, via Bono, in the very cool Reunions issue of Entertainment Weekly dated October 16-23, 2015. Here's what Bono had to say about the song. It's all I have for today as I being smothered under a mountain of work.

Find it at this link EW - 25 YEARS AGO ARTICLE or reprinted below WITHOUT permission (I love doing that, BTW).

Bono, front bloke of the band U2 said the following:

I remember flying to Germany to record “Achtung Baby.” We were on the last plane into the old [formerly divided] Berlin. The pilot had the sky to himself so he circled the city a few times. When we landed, we went out to find the rumored parade and celebration [for the reunification of Germany]. We walked out to find this rather glum crowd of people, and I’m thinking, “Wow, the Germans don’t know how to party! What is this?” Then I found out we were at the wrong party — we were at the protest for the wall coming down, with all the communists! But we indeed found some very festive Germans and had a very late night with them. It was a very exciting moment to be in Berlin. But we were having a difficult time recording, to tell the truth. It was a cold winter. We wrote our song “One” about that coldness, and the coldness we’re referring to is oddly about the band. We weren’t getting on very well. We almost broke up. The song became something we held on to quite tightly. And it became an anthem in Berlin, in the east and west. “We’re one, but we’re not the same.” It was special. You learn this lesson continually as a band, which is that you’re made much better by the company you keep.

Here's another version of "One."



Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 135 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1511.16 - 10:10


No comments: