Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #143 - Deer Rutting in our Yard



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #143 - Deer Rutting in our Yard

Hi Mom,

So, on Wednesday, we had two deer rutting in our yard. Sadly, I did not get a picture of the actual fornicating, though I saw it. Also, I did not get a picture or video of Satchel facing off against this buck across the fence gate in the back of the yard.

But this is the area where the rutting took place (below) and both deer in it.


So, when the buck came around to the front of the house for a snack, Satchel went on high alert, barking like crazy.

Later the buck retreated, and I thought he had left as there were guys with leaf blowers only 100 or so yards away, but he was still in our side yard with a doe, busy rutting. I learned his location when we let Satchel into the backyard, closed to the side where the deer were by a fence and gate, and came to see why she was still barking very intensely. I wish I had grabbed my camera because later the buck actually snapped at Satchel across the fence gate and kicked its hoof. We brought Satchel back in the house and would not let her go out, but later, as I left, I saw the buck humping the doe. I had not seen that before in reality, not on film.

The deer moved on later that evening, but not until, Satchel, who had gone to Camp Fido, had another round of barking at the deer and being warned off by teeth gnashing and hoof stamping.

Um, so, Happy Thanksgiving?

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 145 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1511.27 - 10:10


No comments: