Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #130 - Turkeyville Christmas Show

me, Dennis McKeen, Dad (Bob Tower)

Christmas show - 2011
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #130 - Turkeyville Christmas Show

Hi Mom, You were with us today. Dad and I went to the annual Christmas show at Cornwell's Turkeyville Dinner Theatre, produced by Top Hat Productions.

You love these Christmas shows.

I may post my review later, after it appears in the newspaper, but here's a few thoughts.

Above is a picture of Dad and me with producer Dennis McKeen.

As you can see, he is wearing a very festive suit.

Christmas show 2013
So, Dennis decided to do a tribute for you. His wife Holly, who played Charlie the Christmas Elf, in the show of the same name, announced the sing-along, dedicated to you. She called you a "young lady," which I thought was very sweet. But she accurately recounted your complaint about them dropping the sing-along from the show, and how Dennis put it back in just for you.

It was a very sweet dedication. Both Dennis and Holly have lost their mothers in recent years, and both were sympathetic to our feelings, especially as Dad and I attended the first Christmas show without you.

But even before the tribute, I was already pretty wrecked as the cast closed the show by singing Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah."

I love that song.

But it really made me weep, this time especially.

Also, I did some shopping in BOTH gift shoppes in your honor, Mom. I didn't buy anything, but Dad did. He bought a gift for Lori.

I wish you had been there physically, Mom, though I felt you embracing me, all around me, around us, in spirit.

It's early, but Merry Christmas.

Here's a video of "Hallelujah." I chose a version with four part harmony to try to recreate what they did at Turkeyville.





Turkeyville gift shoppe

Turkeyville candy counter

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 132 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1511.13 - 10:10 (22:10)

for the sign and the cinnamon rolls
mom, you loved cinnamon rolls

No comments: