Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #111 - A room of my own


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #111 - A room of my own

Hi Mom, It's Sunday and that means finding as much free time in the day to observe a day of rest as possible. I did homework this morning. I did work for my job. I did house work, though not as much as Liesel has done this weekend; she's been a dynamo, and I am very appreciative of her. But my usual laundry and cleaning the kitchen. Soon, I will make the coffee as we go to bed with our usual Sunday night activity: viewing The Walking Dead.

I am in my office in our house. I am supervising and participating in the second of two fantasy basketball drafts. It's that time of year.

Here's a photo that Dad shared with me recently of my very first bedroom in the house trailer in Midland on the lot next to his parents' house. I am reminded of this because of the importance of having my own office to be able to work. However, I wish our house was a bit bigger as Liesel deserves to have her own room, too. My first office of married life was Dad's old office in the Tower room of the West Gull Lake Drive house that we rented for the first two years of our marriage.

See the dresser? I still have that dresser, and I am using it. The toys have passed into obscurity. You will remember, Mom, but readers will have to look closely to identify Popeye over the shoulder of that large boy doll with his legs sticking out.

In the picture, it's Easter time as evidenced by the decorations, which we still have and we still use. You were so good about preserving such things.

I wish I had more pictures like this, simple photos of the rooms of the past.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 113 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1510.25 - 19:39

No comments: