Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #802 - Chelatchie Tuesday 9-12 and Vancouver 9-14

Satchel - Chelatchie - 1709.12
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #802 - Chelatchie Tuesday 9-12 and Vancouver 9-14

Hi Mom,

Here's a recent report on things we have done, and I can think of no better first photo than a picture of Satchel showing how much she enjoyed the outing.

Doesn't she look happy?

So, as usual, once again, I find myself behind, but I am going to take a few minutes and jot down some recent happenings for you, Mom, and for some readers keeping up on my new west coast life with this blog.

Tuesday (9/12), after work, Liesel and I went to the Yale Bridge across the Lewis River just north of Chelatchie, then we stopped at the general store and had Grandma's Kitchen dinners.

Here's Satchel sitting with me outside while Liesel collected the dinners.

The drive and all the hills and valleys are all so beautiful.

Liesel's pictures of the bridge, especially of me with the dogs overlooking the river, did not turn out due to the lateness of the day and dark shadows, but here's a few pictures I pulled from online sources to show what we saw.

There's a long staircase down to the river from the bridge, and the dogs were not too sure of the steepness, height, length, and metal grill work of the stairs, but with some coaxing they did fine.





Apparently, the bridge is a popular swimming area, as many were there enjoying the warm day.

The food at the General Store was of the white bread variety, but it was good, filling, and the people were very nice. I had a meat loaf sandwich, which hit the spot.

I loved this sign in the window next to the Blue Moon sign.

I did mention the people were super nice, right? They were extremely friendly and even gave us directions as going back the way we came (503 - Lewis River Road) was longer than heading south and cutting back to Woodland via the Cedar Creek Road, which is a "back way" we have been told about.

Then, Thursday, Liesel and I had dinner in Vancouver.

She really liked this picture of herself holding a martini made with Lilikoi passion fruit juice, which I took and she posted on her own Facebook wall.

As you can see, we ate outside.



I had one of those martinis, also. Very delicious. We enjoyed happy hour food, which they called Aloha Hour because the owner is from Hawaii. We even had Poke and Kalua Pork Nachos. Very yummy.

That's all for this Saturday post as I am publishing it the following Tuesday, and tons of work and deadlines are calling my name.

Thanks for reading, and Mom, thanks for listenting.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 804 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1709.16 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: