Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1479 - Jungian Personality Types and Enneagrams and thinking about self and personhood



A Sense of Doubt blog post #1479 - Jungian Personality Types and Enneagrams and thinking about self and personhood


Still catching up, but that's okay right? It's my blog. It's my world.

And a lot of the content is going to be stuff from my classes because that's what I am writing.

I have given the Myers-Briggs Personality Test to students before when the world was more paper-oriented. I had these old scorers that were overlays that allowed for a punch-card like grading system by hand.

Now with the Internet being the Internet, I can just send students to an online instance of the test. And after attending a seminar some years ago about Enneagrams, I combined the tests into one assignment to give the students some comparison and contrast material. , I had my students take two personality tests and write about them as we explore an essay on self and personhood. Specifically, I am having them examine what makes a person and how we unify the self that we are in what Jung calls the Process of Individuation.


My name is Annemieke Cloosterman and I live in the Netherlands.
from - https://www.mindstructures.com/carl-jung-individuation-process/

Like these things here...

#1 - TAKE THIS TEST - MYERS-BRIGGS

#2 - TAKE THIS TEST ENNEAGRAMS
https://www.9types.com/rheti/index.php

- READ MORE ON JUNGIAN MYERS-BRIGGS

READ MORE ON ENNEAGRAMS
type descriptions


When I took the test back in the Fall (2018) I got an INFJ because I was very emotional that day and maybe more judgy, though slightly (6%).
I am usually either INFP or INXP with scores in thinking-feeling nearly 50-50.

But maybe I am shifting?

Based on these explanations from the site linked above, I feel that INFJ may be more intune with who I am, and that maybe I stubbornly cling to INFP as my highest value, kind of as explained in INFP as to how I am accepting unless a value is threatened, in this case, INFP.

Still, I do think that INXP or even INXX is probably closer to my own personal truth.

INFJ
Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.

INFP
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.


Most of the students seem to prefer the Ennegrams test, which has me as the Helper first and foremost. It's interesting that I have a ZERO in the leader because I am often forced into leadership roles, but this vision of the leader is as aggressive and that's not me.

My scores are nearly identical in the Reformer, the Motivator, The Artist, The Thinker, the Generalist, and the Peacemaker. But some of these make sense given the radii connections between Enneagram types.


Looking at the way Ennegrams are connected in triads, this all makes sense. I am all head and heart with the thinking and feeling triad, which is consistent with my thinking-feeling scores in Myers-Briggs almost always identical and that I score lowest in sensing with intuition being my highest score of the test.

Likewise, I am unconscious to and face as a shadow the body or instinctive triad with the maverick/challenger as my weakest point (zero) and some numbers in mediator/peacemaker and perfectionist/reformer/judge (both 4s). Though my type six for the loyalist and skeptic (3) was my second lowest score, my high scores in the artist (5) and the enthusiast (4) give me a solid core in the thinking triad, but truly my dominant self lies in the feeling triad, which is why feeling wins out in Myers-Briggs more often than thinking, as a composite score of 16 in the Feeling triad (helper, achiever, artist) compared to 12 in the feeling triad and 8 in the instinctive triad.

There's much more complexity in both tests, especially Enneagrams, than I have time to explore here and now as Grading Hell beckons. But here's some imagery with some extras tossed in, such as some Eno stuff and a comic book cover.

Thanks for reading!


ENNEAGRAM DINNER PARTY




























+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1903.09 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1344 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: