Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, June 22, 2020

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1952 - "Let it Be Me" - For Warren


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1952 - "Let it Be Me" - For Warren - THAT ONE THING

Late with today's post because i have bee GRADING ROBOT.

And because I am still rocked over the news about WARREN ELLIS. I am probably going to mention the Warren Ellis thing in every post I make for at least a week. It's upsetting me that much, especially when reading a bunch of posts on Twitter urging for "cancel culture" in regards to Warren Ellis.

Not that consequences are not in order.

So, just... THAT ONE THING, which are posts in which I do not do much but a post a thing and write a little.

So, today, just this thing because GRADING. I finished and in time, but it was a HAUL and then there were still six other things to do.

I have so many conflicted and complicated emotions about the Warren Ellis thing.

I feel terribly for all the women who suffered emotional abuse and that might be in part the mildest description of the predation, dishonesty and coercion perpetrated by Warren against so many women, SO MANY, more and more all the time. It's disgusting. And I do not doubt a single story.

But I did say it was complicated and conflicted as I feel sorry for Warren IF (and only if) his entire career is about to be canceled.

Not that I think Warren should suffer no consequences for his actions, and surely what he did to these women caused more pain, but I am also no fan of cancel culture (more on this in future post).

At the same time, I am not sure that I agree that Warren DESERVES to have his entire career canceled and that such a thing is "justice" given the situation.

Then again, I do get it.

I mentioned conflicted and complicated, right?

Still, I am worried about Warren. He may have done awful things, but I am having hard time accepting that he is an awful person. And I just know him as a fan. I am not even someone who has been actual close friends with him for years (more on such people tomorrow).

Like I said, THAT ONE THING.

Also, I thought the above image was enigmatic yet appropriate.

For Warren:



Bonus track, also applies:





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2006.22 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1816 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: