Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3487 - ONE WEEK AGO - HM REPRINT OF #348 - Walk with Dad & Dad's Day


A Sense of Doubt blog post #3487 - ONE WEEK AGO - HM REPRINT OF  #348 - Walk with Dad & Dad's Day

It's been a week since my Dad drew his last breath. 

However, I am writing this on a plane at 9:22 p.m. EDT on Sunday September 8th because between services and doing home work (I am back at school), I have had to let the blog fall five days behind. That's still well short of my record.

It had been quite a week from Dad's death on August 28th to this day, September 4th. And there's been another five  very intense days since then.

But here's some good memories in this reprint with Dad from Father's Day 2016 just before his 81st birthday.

Thanks for tuning in.


COUNTDOWN!!!


Original post, the REPRINT: 

Sunday, June 19, 2016





Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #348 - Walk with Dad & Dad's Day

Hi Mom, Last night, Liesel and I met Dad and his friend Faye at the Park Club for the combination birthday and Father's Day celebration.

It was bittersweet, as you know.

Dad cried; I cried. I saw Lori cry a little. We were thinking of you, Mom. Last year when we all gathered at the condo on Saturday June 20th for the combination celebration it was the last day you would eat, and you did not eat much. The next day, the 21st, basically a year ago, you didn't eat. You started the process of active dying. By July 4th, you passed away.

This is going to be a difficult two weeks as we think about this year without you and all the years ahead without you. I don't know how you survived this after losing your own mother at such a young age (you were both young).

In this photo, left, is the spot in the Memorial Garden at the Richland Presbyterian Church that is the final resting place for most of your ashes.


I went to Richland and accompanied Dad on his daily walk to the garden, where he talks to you, and Faye's husband Bob, each day.

It was a beautiful day for a walk.


There are so many beautiful days. I think of you and how much you would enjoy the day, and then I do something to celebrate life. I try not to wallow in how much I miss you.

So, it's Father's Day.

I grilled meat.

Liesel gave me gifts and showed me love.

Yesterday, I showed Dad love with gifts and hugs. I love my Dad, the Big Guy, very much. Thank you for marrying him, Mom.

Now I am going to do what I love to do on a Sunday: relax, watch Tigers Baseball, and read.

Richland Village Square Park

The Big Guy on our walk
  
Your name plate among the others in the Memorial Garden

Dad walking to the spot where we buried your ashes

And below, several dramatic shots of the Richland Presbyterian Church.

We're going Dad in church next Sunday for his birthday.

I know you're proud and happy, Mom.







































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reflect and connect.
Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.
- Days ago = 350 days ago
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1606.19 - 10:10
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2409.04 - 13:40 (1:40 p.m.)

NOTE ON TIME: I am publishing this one at time of Dad's death last week. I plan to do this from time to time, though mostly I will continue with my 10:10 a.m. publication time. I will probably write a new end note some time soon.

- Days ago: MOM = 3351 days ago & DAD = 007 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: