Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, September 16, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3499 - Spyro Gyra - Music Monday for 2409.16



A Sense of Doubt blog post #3499 - Spyro Gyra - Music Monday for 2409.16

COUNTDOWN!!!



This music makes me happy.

I don't care what you say.

I don't care if you're going to call it MUZAK.

It's not.

It's soft jazz with real instruments.

I saw these chaps in concert.

I just did a search. I thought I reviewed their concert. Couldn't find it if I did.

Music can provide atmosphere, and this atmosphere is happy.

I revised these mixes from their original composition. Notes and track listings of the original mixes follow the updated versions on You Tube.

I tried to collect songs that I really liked and at least one from each album up to the ones released when I made the mixes (1998?).

I mean, say what you will about soft jazz, but how can you not like a band with a song called "Galadriel"? I mean, that's a purposeful dedication.

Also, "Morning Dance" is a very famous jazz tune. It's very well known.

This band is impressive for their longevity and their prolific output.

I am glad to see that they still do the occasional show.

Thanks for tuning in.






[1] Morning Dance
[2] Catching The Sun
[3] Lost And Found
[4] Innocent Soul
[5] As You Wish
[6] Three Wishes Reprise
[7] Pipo's Song
[8] Galadriel
[9] Leticia
[10] Claire's Dream
[11] Riverwalk
[12] Little Linda
[13] Film Noir
[14] Last Exit
[15] The River Between
[16] Heart Of The Night
[17] Got The Magic
[18] Shadow Play
[19] Kindred Spirit
[20] Awakening
[21] I Believe In You
[22] The Deep End







[1] Springtime Laughter
[2] Your Touch
[3] If You Will
[4] As We Sleep
[5] Fine Time To Explain'
[6] Patterns In The Rain
[7] The Unwritten Letter
[8] Summer Fling
[9] The River Between
[10] Little Linda
[11] Three Wishes Reprise
[12] Leticia
[13] I Believe In You
[14] The Deep End
[15] Last Exit
[16] Shadow Play
[17] Shaker Song
[18] Birks Law
[19] Captain Karma
[20] Autumn Of Our Love
[21] Inside Your Love
[22] Heartbeat
[23] It Doesn't Matter
[24] Beyond The Rain


Originally, I had this music in three playlists with more repeats. The purpose of the third was to collect the tracks with vocals and then add more appropriate tracks with similar sounds but without vocals.

I made these mixes a long time ago, before digital music, before my extensive use of You Tube. Originally, I had the mixes on CDs and eventually my iPod. So, I thought the originals were an interesting point of comparison for me at least or for the truly nerdy music fans who may arrive here from all sorts points of origin.


ORIGINAL MIXES TRACK LISTS

MORNING DANCE MIX

Morning Dance
Catching The Sun
Lost And Found
Innocent Soul
As You Wish
Three Wishes Reprise
Pipo's Song
Galadriel
Leticia
Claire's Dream
Riverwalk
Little Linda
Film Noir
Last Exit
The River Between
Heart Of The Night
Got The Magic
Shadow Play
Kindred Spirit
Awakening
I Believe In You
The Deep End

RIVER BETWEEN MIX

The River Between
Little Linda
Three Wishes Reprise
Leticia
I Believe In You
The Deep End
Last Exit
Shadow Play
Birks Law
Captain Karma
Autumn Of Our Love
Inside Your Love
Heartbeat
It Doesn't Matter
Patterns In The Rain

SPRINGTIME LAUGHTER MIX

Springtime Laughter
Your Touch
If You Will
As We Sleep
Fine Time To Explain'
The Unwritten Letter
Summer Fling
Beyond The Rain
































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2409.16 - 10:10

- Days ago: MOM = 3363 days ago & DAD = 19 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: