Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, September 6, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3489 - Hey Mom Reprint of #34 - Abbott's pt.2 - 2015

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3489 - Hey Mom Reprint of #34 - Abbott's pt.2 - 2015

As I have been showing, Dad and I did a lot of things together after Mom died as he could get out, no longer having to either bring Marjorie or find someone to sit with Marjorie.

And we wanted to spend quality time together.

It was a lot like the week after my sister was born. My Dad did tons of things with me, all kinds of things, and I received many gifts. They wanted me to know I was loved now that there was a new addition to our family who was going to take a lot of their time, especially my Mom's time.

I loved the Abbott's Magic Get Together as a kid when I was a practicing, semi-professional magician. I had already gone to the get-together or at least to Abbott's a few times in the years after I got married, though oddly less so before. Why I did not go every year even for one show or one day, I have no idea.

About a month after Mom died, Dad and I went to the entire get together, all four days. We loved it.

BTW, I am still on a plane on September 8th as I catch up on these blog posts. I am so grateful that Blogger allows me to publish backwards in time.

Almost caught up, now!

Thanks for tuning in.

COUNTDOWN!!!



Here's the link to the original post that I reprint below:


Saturday, August 8, 2015

Dad and me at Five Star Pizza Friday 1508.07
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #34 - Abbott's Magic Get Together part two

Hi Mom, More reports on the trip to Colon and the Abbott's Magic Get Together 2015.

Here's a shot from Five Star Pizza. There's a secret door built into a book case and a secret room behind it!! What a cool idea.



The decor in Five Star pizza is filled with magic imagery both old and new. Here's a cool painting of  Harry Blackstone, Jr., one of my magical heroes.




Great poster from an old Get Together. Possibly from the 1970s? or the 1960s?



I am still running light on text. More tomorrow. Just pictures for now.

MORE PHOTOS IF YOU CLICK THROUGH THE JUMP BREAK.





carrot cake dessert River Lake Inn

Hawaiian drink, River Lake Inn

Various shots follow from River Lake Inn where we attended a comedy magic show and dinner on Thursday night (1508.06) prior to the evening Abbott's show.






The following pictures of Dad and me in Five Star pizza in Colon on Friday 1508.07. There's also plenty of pictures of the decor in Five Star Pizza.
















Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 35 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.08 - 23:17 and 1508.09 - 10:29

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2409.06 - 10:10

- Days ago: MOM = 3353 days ago & DAD = 009 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: