Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, September 20, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3503 - My Dad is Great! Reprint of HM #302


Dad with Tigers Hat - late 1980s?

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3503 - My Dad is Great! Reprint of HM #302

I am returned from Seattle where I saw Paul Weller, which is something I would not have felt I could do had my Dad not passed away. I will have a full report Monday, but I will say it was both great and very emotional.

So, we're back top reprints.

This is a short original post with two good photos.

I like reprinting this post with the topper photo of Dad in that Tigers hat. I was a much bigger Baseball fan than he, but this post comes on the day that the Detroit Tigers entered into a tie with the much-hated Minnesota Twins for the last AL wild card.

Look below...

I like the photo of my Dad preparing steak for my birthday dinner in January. You can see the snowy landscape through the kitchen windows. My Dad always grilled steak on my birthday, even back in the old days when he had to use charcoal. Sometimes the temperature was below zero like it was the day of my birth.

This is one of the many reasons my Dad was a wonderful Dad, a great human, someone I admire more than anyone else.

Thanks for tuning in.


COUNTDOWN!!!



The link to the original post that is reprinted below:

Wednesday, May 4, 2016



Dad with Tigers Hat - late 1980s?
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #302 - Dad is great

Hi Mom, Feel behind on writing again, so just pictures today.

Seeing Dad tomorrow. He's doing great. But then, I know you know that.

Not only is he doing well, but he's a great Dad.

Oh, and it's raining and will rain all day today (as I know because I am typing from the future).

Dad cutting steak
My birthday prep
1990s?


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.
Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.
- Days ago = 304 days ago
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1605.04 - 10:10

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2409.20 - 10:10

- Days ago: MOM = 3367 days ago & DAD = 023 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: