Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #391 - Musical Monday for 1608.01

Lawn Party Summer 1973
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #391 - Musical Monday for 1608.01

Hi Mom, and Hello Monday from Tuesday.

Yes, once again, it's Tuesday, and I am posting backwards to Monday. I am buried in final grades for Park University at the moment, but I still had time to walk the dog, take my wife to lunch with my best friend, and I will help my step-son practice for his driver's test and grill hot dogs later.

So, nose to the grind stone.

So, this one is a bit short. Just the music and not much else.

First up, four songs about sunshine. Three of them have sunshine in the actual title of the song. The fourth, the Ambrosia song, has sunrise (sort of sunshine) in the lyrics, so I felt it qualifies. It was a serendipity because I had heard the song before but never really paid attention to its name or who performed it. I noted its name when it played on Liesel's Pandora channel.

So, some summer fun songs, and then my set list from some singing and dancing to the stereo at full volume last week.

"Walking on Sunshine" started the whole sunshine theme because my Ultimate team is a Star Wars themed "Christopher Ewoken" (play on Christopher Walken and Ewoks), and so we have been finding songs with walking in the title: "Ewoken on sunshine!" is a great cheer.

No labels this week (or maybe I add them later). The videos have most of the artist's and song name anyway.

It had been years since I sang "Cuts You Up" loud and strong. IMPORTANT.

"Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves




"Soak up The Sun" - Sheryl Crow




"Biggest Part Of Me" - Ambrosia



"In the Sunshine" - Arrested Development from the album Zingalamaduni



One of the single best rock and roll songs ever!

"Gimme Shelter" - The Rolling  Stones from Let It Bleed




Sleater Kinney covers Boston's "More than a Feeling"




"How Soon Is Now?" - The Smiths from the album Meat is Murder



"Cuts You Up" - Peter Murphy from the album Deep - 1989



"I Have The Touch" - Peter Gabriel from album #4 - Security



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 393 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1608.01 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: