Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #406 - Wedding Anniversaries, Prostates, and Being Okay


Mom - down the aisle- her wedding day
August 16, 1958
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #406 - Wedding Anniversaries, Prostates, and Being Okay

Hi Mom, Today is your 58th wedding anniversary with Dad. It's also the third year anniversary of the day I had my prostate taken out.

But what about this date? It's always been my parents' wedding anniversary. It still is, but how do I acknowledge it?

I used to always give my parents a card and a gift. Sometimes I would have dinner with them and some times not. But the date was always celebrated, honored, shared.

And now? Just blogging? I will see my Dad tonight and give him a hug.

Seems reasonable to share the link of what I shared last year, which was mainly the words of my Dad:

Hey Mom #42 - Wedding Anniversary.

I don't care so much about my prostate surgery being remembered, though these events are now linked in time given when I am usually free of work. Three years ago I had a weekend of no work just after the KUDL tournament. Priorities. Priorities.

This is not the end of the world as I know it.

But I do feel fine.

Mom, I am okay.

I hope you are, too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 408 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1608.16 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: