Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #412 - Musical Monday for 1608.22

Liesel for our Wedding shoot
October 3, 2009
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #412 - Musical Monday for 1608.22

Hi Mom, This blog entry is still dedicated to Liesel as we have been celebrating her birthday all week. We have music that Liesel shared with me and likes, we have music that I know Liesel will like, and we have music dedicated to Liesel. Enjoy the playlist.

Liesel shared this next video with me on 1308.18 as I was recovering from prostate surgery.

Morcheeba - "The Sea"



Often Liesel and I do sing-a-longs in the car. This is one of her go to songs.

U2  - "Gloria" - from October



This is one of her other signature, go-to songs.

Kate Bush - Jig of Life - from Hounds of Love



My new find and music I gave Liesel for her birthday. THE MONK BY THE SEA.

This just one of their albums, Soundscapes IV, but there's an entire catalog reasonably priced in Bandcamp.




Yet another treasure shared by the great Warren Ellis, font of many good things. Fantastic piece.

Elegi - "Varde"





Review - about "Varde" by Elegi

And now our dedications to Liesel. Let's go away from the dark stuff.

"Here Comes the Sun Again" - M. Ward



"I'd Really Love to see you Tonight"
- England Dan & John Ford Coley




I quoted this in Liesel's birthday card.

"Where You Lead, I will Follow" - Carole King




But I had considered this...

"I've Got the World on a String"
- the incomparable SARAH VAUGHN




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 414 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1608.22 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: