Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #419 - Musical Monday for 1608.29


Me and Liesel - Scotland - Isle of Skye - 1505.21
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #419 - Musical Monday for 1608.29

Hi Mom,

There have been 20 Musical Mondays before this one, so this makes 21. It's a steady feature and an easy one. It's easy features that will keep me daily through the end of the year. I used to work farther ahead with the T-shirts blog. With blog, I should work to get ahead, but I am often right to the day, which is how I also fall behind.

There's so much great stuff on the Internet. It's going to be easy to keep this going.

I may have to steer the blog to auto-pilot at times this coming fall to keep myself on track, but it's easy to render items like this one that will keep me going. I have to remember to temper my ambition. My initial idea for the blog was for SHORT, daily entries. EMPHASIS on the brief, the short.

As for the photo above, I have taken to sharing photos with my Park University students on their weekly announcements, especially ones in which they can see pictures of their teacher as it makes me more real. This great photo of me and Liesel was the ones I shared today, which seems appropriate given all the rain we have had lately. In fact, I just came in from mowing the lawn , which sprouted wildly with all the rain.

This entire blog playlist is dedicated to a musical session the other day with all song splayed at maximum volume. Now that the ninety-something neighbor has moved out from next door, I no longer need to feel self conscious about cranking the loudness, though the CD player and the turntable are both louder than the iPod. I would like to increase my stereo volume nonetheless.

I have not fully vetted all these live versions, but I am pleased to find them. I have not featured anything but new Radiohead on this feature yet, and I don't believe I had anything yet by the Cure.

Actually, to be honest,I did not feature this Style Council song in my romp about the living room as a work break last week, but it's a solid song and a great video.

Likewise, the songs from My Life in the Bush of Ghosts played loudly, but I was back to work by then.

These videos are truly worthy of the songs from My Life in the Bush of Ghosts with amazing imagery.

The live videos are also great, especially the vintage 1997 Radiohead performance of "The Bends."

ENJOY.

THE STYLE COUNCIL
"Confessions of a Pop Group"
from the 1988 TV special


 


THE CURE - "The Kiss"
from Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
performed live at Coachella 2009





Radiohead - "Paranoid Android" 
- from OK Computer
Performed live at the Reading Festival 2009




Radiohead - "The Bends"
from the album named The Bends
performed live at Glastonberry 1997





Two songs with truly unique videos from Brian Eno and David Byrne album

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

"Regiment"




"The Jezebel Spirit"




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 421 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - date - 1608.29 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: