Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #401 - Talking again #4 - Lori's Birthday & Family Throwback

Mom and Lori - 3 months and 1 day old
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #401 - Talking again #4 - Lori's Birthday & Family Throwback

Satchel waits "patiently" for a walk 1608.11
Hi Mom,


So... Tuesday was Lori's birthday. I will remain mum on her age, but you and I both know it.

I am catching up!! I am writing this on Friday, and so I am one day behind.

This is another random assortment of thoughts and goings on. I do not promise organization.

It is Friday, though, actually, as I wrote previously. So, it's worth noting that I am watching/listening to the Cubs-Cardinals game while eating cucumber salad. I am not wearing a shirt as I recently showered. Before that, after a long stretching session, I took a short bike ride to stay loose. My hip is feeling better.

The cucumber salad is a vinegar mix with fresh dill from Liesel's garden along with sliced cherry tomatoes and yellow onion. One of these days I need to make your sugary cucumber salad, Mom, just to say I did it.

I am  making preparations for Saturday's KUDL tournament. I have to leave soon to run errands and pick up Satchel from camp.

I am gathering photos for this entry. All of them are from today or before. I am including recent photos at large size after the text and mixing in other photos, mostly throwbacks before the set of recents with the exception of this great picture of Satchel featured right here.

So what else, moving backwards in time. I spoke of what I am doing now, which is actually Friday. This morning I had Anthony, my math tutor here. Liesel came home early from work and is not feeling well. I emailed my KUDL team, Christopher Ewoken about Saturday's tournament.

I finished final grades Thursday morning (this morning by the dating of this blog but in reality yesterday), which is why I am behind on the blog posting. I don't know why I labor over grade feedback that the majority of students do not read. But I do. I spent a lot of time playing the stereo loudly, which is why it's a good thing that Satchel was at Camp Fido.

I need to get my car washed.

Wednesday was a blur of grading. I did some grading Tuesday, but I think in the end it was one essay.

I have read a lot of books this summer. I have caught up on some vital things. I have more to do, But I feel pretty good about time spent this summer. It's always worth while to write to you, Mom. I feel I am doing the right thing when I keep you alive in my heart and mind.
Me and Lori-first time in High chair-me= 7yrs10mos & Lori= 15wks5days

So, books. Lots of books. I write about books a lot on this list. Right now, I am hot for Stephen King and John Irving. I just plowed through a Stephen King book on audio, Mr. Mercedes, and I am deep into the next one in the Bill Hodges trilogy, Finders Keepers. As my reading, along with nightly comic books and forays into some web stuff -- right now, reading about Discrete Math to get ready for my next class -- I am digging through John Irving's Avenue of Mysteries, which is a bit slow to reach full steam but is starting to engage me.

Tuesday night, we had a nice time at my sister's birthday party, hence the photos, including the great banner photo of you, Mom, and Lori not long after she was born.

Some really great photos.

We all had dinner at the Canal Street Cafe in Augusta, and Liesel pronounced her meal one of the best she has ever had in Michigan. Faye and Dad joined Lori and Noel and myself and Liesel. It was a very nice time.

I am bushed, Mom. I have been writing in this entry off and on all day.

I will talk at you some more soon. Tomorrow and all the days that follow.

Here's some recent photos.

Photos from Lori's Birthday at Canal Street Cafe - Tuesday August 9th, 2016




Me and the Big Guy at the Fair - 1608.11



Me and the Big Guy at the fair with Wilson the horse - 1608.11



Cucumber Salad - August 2016


Lunch with Lori at Jambo - 1608.03



Off to ride the Kal Haven Trail - 1608.05



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 403 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1608.11 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: