Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #695 - I hate the phone - Throwback Thursday 1706.01 - photo series one #23



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #695 - I hate the phone - Throwback Thursday 1706.01  - photo series one #23

Hi Mom,

As you can see form an early age, I started hating the phone. Clearly, in the photo above, I have already beaten down the blue phone and discarded it roughly, and I am in the process of  upending the red phone and treating it's hand piece roughly and upside-down.

This distaste continued to my current lifestyle. I am protective of my phone number, and there are times when I am just not interested in talking on the phone. I especially dislike talking on my smart phone as I think that overall the reception is not as good as a land line. I still prefer wired to unwired. Yeah, yeah, say what you will. I get the convenience of smart phones. And it's not like I don't have one and don't use. And sure, I prefer to jack in the ear buds and microphone for hands free ease. I tend to hear better that way, too. But who has that crap hooked up to their phone all the time? Okay, I know some of you do. I see you walking around with the ear buds looped on the back of your ear, ready for calls, or others of you feel you're so important you need to ear piece, Bluetooth gadget, so you don't miss any of your drug deals or whatever.

Do I sound bitter and hateful?

This mood strikes only because Liesel and I are buying a home and selling another home and feeling a bit overwhelmed. We had a call on Memorial Day. I though that was unnecessary. I must establish boundaries.

But friends and loved ones take note. I enjoy conversations with you. And we all seem to respect each other's privacy and need to squirrel up in the cave from time to time, huddled in the quiet dark, listening to our own breathing.

That's about all the original content I can muster for today, and it's a day late.

Things are crazy around here right now.

As a bonus, here's a photo from my college days. It's from either May or June 1985, so approximately 32 years ago! My mind boggles to contemplate that much passage of time. I know 1985 no longer feels like yesterday, but it surely does not feel like 32 years.

This photo features my then girlfriend Tracy Rideout and myself. This is how I dressed back then.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 697 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1706.01 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: