Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #723 - Me and Dad - Jan. 1969 Throwback Thursday - photo series one #25 - Talking Again - Conversations #12


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #723 - Me and Dad - My 7th Birthday - Jan. 1969 Throwback Thursday 1706.29 - photo series one #25 - Talking Again - Conversations #12

Hi Mom,

At first, I thought this was a black and white photo. But then I saw the yellow on the clown candle, and I realized that this is just a very washed out color photo. I do not have that many pictures of Dad let alone me and Dad as he was usually taking the picture. This picture is from the Schoolcraft house, which I barely remember at all. I have lost a lot of details of it, and I am not sure we have that many pictures of it, inside or out.

I cannot make it much of the food on the table. Was I into scalloped potatoes yet at 7 years? Is that corn and some other vegetable in the double dish? Did I like spinach yet? And what's on the big tray? I somehow doubt I was a steak eater at seven. And that would be  A LOT of steak.

I like seeing that I am already in my pajamas.

So, that's the photo analysis, Mom. Hi again. Time for some conversations as I pledged to return to the stream of consciousness talking to you thing, which is the whole point of this blog in the first place.

I didn't finish this on the day it's date and time stamped (June 29th). It's now June 30th.

I will probably keep this one somewhat short as there's lots to do today.

So, I shared this content in an email about getting our house ready to sell:


Painting is more or less done with still one thing for next week. Shower may not be installed until after the house sells. Chimney cap is on. Looks nice. We're working hard on situating and getting ready to show. I wanted to truck a bunch of stuff to Dad's with a trailer this week, but I had a huge mix up with U-Haul. I am concerned about the much smaller sq footage of our new home and the lack of a basement. So Dad is getting a lot of stuff that I may ultimately keep, if I have space, or get ride of when I visit. My first few visits will be dealing with my stuff. But I am already culling out things to get rid of. I am taking comics to Fanfare today. Not many, but some. It's all a process.

The painting has been the best and smartest thing we did. It really looks great.

And then, in another email, a friend asked if I will graduate and the status of my schooling. Here's what I wrote:


I will not graduate. I was never for sure getting another degree. Mainly, I was taking classes to go to grad school, which I may do, but for now, I am going off the traditional education route and plan to hit a MOOC and then a coding boot camp and then, yeah, try for one of the many coding jobs in the Pacific NW. Even though I am not in class now, I am working with a tutor to make sure I know C and Java. Then I am hitting Python and Javascript and maybe Ruby/Ruby on Rails. It's all the same, really, just different lingo. Computers are just all input-output. That's really all it is.


But yeah. the hope is that if we make enough of the sale of this house to send me to Coding Dojo, then I land a sweet job and we are not house poor and suffering the higher cost of living. 

I could go on at length, but I need to be done with this entry.

Sure, I have tons to share, but this is a short "phone" conversation, Mom.

But in recap, I did take the comics to Fanfare and earned some nice store credit. I had a good outcome with the dental work. I had a nice therapy appointment talking about how I am managing stress, which I am doing fairly well.

I will write more next week. Next Tuesday is the two year anniversary of your death; next Thursday, the next Throwback Thursday, will be the two year anniversary of starting this blog feature writing to you, Mom.

That feels significant.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 725 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1706.29 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: