Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, June 5, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #699 - The Dark Road - One of These Days - Musical Monday for 1706.05


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #699 - The Dark Road - One of These Days - Musical Monday for 1706.05

Hi Mom, Cinco de Juno?

Limited time for original content will be the chorus I sing on repeat for the next few months.

This one was mostly squared away already, but then I accidentally deleted it.

This playlist makes a very nice 699th entry to Hey Mom.

I have over 1000 posts total in published and drafts for this blog. That's crazy.

I hit upon this first video in my You Tube explorations. It is taken from Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii, one of my all time favorite concerts.

"One of these days I am going to cut you into little pieces," the song's only lyric, felt like a rallying cry for our times in the new Hate Nation.

I endeavored to select a collection of songs that fit together if not thematically, at least in terms of sound.

There's songs both new and old. The playlist is framed by older stuff -- Pink Floyd -- and newer stuff -- Sevdaliza.

There's a lot of music here my wife would like, which is always a bench mark for me as she has such great taste.

Any time you are at a loss for words in response to what's happening in the Hate Nation and the Twitter-mad president just respond with a growl of

"One of these days I am going to cut you into little pieces."

It works.

YOU TUBE LINK TO THIS PLAYLIST

1. "One Of These Days" - Pink Floyd - from Meddle - video from Live at Pompeii (1972)
2. "Sirens of the Caspian" - Sevdaliza - from The Suspended Kid EP
3. "Shadow Magnet" - Lisa Gerard & Pieter Bourke - from Duality
4. "Wish U Were Here" - Flaer Smin - from Collapse (2014)
5.  "You're My Chocolate" - Savages - from Five Finger Discount (2008)
6.  "Dauðalogn" - Sigur Rós - from Valtari (2012)
7.  "She's Crazy" - JT Coldfire - Crazy Sun (2011)
8. "Alive" (Buddhist Music) - Sa Ding Ding - from Alive (2007)
9.  "The Sheltering Sky" - King Crimson - From Beat - video from Live at Frejus 1982
10. "Trans-Europe Express" - Kraftwerk - from Trans-Europe Express (video extended version)
11. "Midnight Blues" - Snowy White - video by Red Grey Matter
12. "Clear Air" - Sevdaliza - from The Suspended Kid EP
13. "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd - from Saucerful of Secrets (1968)
- video from Live at Pompeii (1972)













































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 701 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1706.05 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: