Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #709 - Me and Lori Spring 1973 - Throwback Thursday and Reflections


Me and Lori Spring 1973
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #709 - Me and Lori Spring 1973 - Throwback Thursday and Reflections

Hi Mom,

Having lunch with Lori today, so for Throwback Thursday, here's a blast from the past photo of Lori and me that I may have posted before (not sure). I properly archived it now, so it won't be a featured photo again if it is a repeat. The blog has grown beyond my memory and book keeping activity.

Lunches are now bittersweet as there are so few left before we move to the west coast. Even with visits, either me here or Lori there, it will not be the same.

So, we're going to increase the number of lunches from one per month to two per month. I have really enjoyed the rejuvenated relationship with my sister. It's a good thing. I am definitely finding a way to get her out to Vancouver.

You'd be proud of us, Mom.

I was going to make today's post more of a round up, but I am a day late with it, and I want to get it posted because I want to post today's (Friday's), too, while I take this little work break.

Things are still busy, and I suspect that they will be busy from now until we move.

Busier than usual, that is.

Here's a quickie roundup.

Thursdays are not going to be big work days going forward. Lunch with my sister will be a feature. Then I am also meeting with my friend Colin, who is kind of to tutor me in coding. We're doing a refresher on C and its functions. I remember a lot of it, but I clearly need to review. Some of it comes back. Some things I cannot remember. Some things I should remember and cannot, like how to get at my Java programs when I launched my IDE. That was embarrassing.

So I have a little stack program to write in C, which is actually not that tough. I have written something very similar, when we wrote our own memory management system for Advanced Systems in the Unix Environment, known at WMU as 2240.

The classes I am teaching are going well, but I need more work to make the new life out west affordable. That's where the coding work comes in. I am really hoping I can land a job in that field soon, though I may try a boot camp first.

I am being better about this blog work, which is why it's late on Friday afternoon as I finish off this post. I have been doing work and other chores first and leaving this blog until later. It's all priorities. I like to think I have learned to manage things better than when you needed my help with things, Mom.

I know you're proud of me.

I could feel you with me when I went to the Hallmark store to buy Dad's Father's Day/Birthday card as our celebration is Sunday.

We all miss you.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 711 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1706.15 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: