Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #988 - Armageddon the movie comes true: Giant Asteroid to Collide with Earth in 2135


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #988 - Armageddon the movie comes true: Giant Asteroid to Collide with Earth in 2135

Hi Mom,

So I am still writing the Tillamook trip report. Maybe I finish it tomorrow. Or rather FOR tomorrow's post. I am also going to start posting everything to LINKEDIn. Maybe I will increase my traffic. The other day I described this blog as having "three readers and one of them is dead" (Hi, Mom), and maybe I should try to improve on those numbers.

This is a day late, but at least it's sort of original content. I mean, I wrote something this weekend.

I wrote another story for SLASHDOT and so far it has not made the front page. Clearly, I was spoiled when my first two stories made the front page, and now the next two I have written have wallowed in the firehose of posts without getting enough up votes to make the front page.

I think my headline was not "newsy" enough, you know, like new news? Yeah.

As of today, my rating is up to "indigo" which may mean that it's finally rising in the popularity game, though I do not see it on the popular page.

https://slashdot.org/submission/8007933/armageddon-the-movie-comes-true-giant-asteroid-to-collide-with-earth-in-2135

Armageddon the movie comes true: Giant Asteroid to Collide with Earth in 2135 (bigthink.com)

Submitted by the gmr 

If it plunged into our planet, the effects would be absolutely catastrophic no matter the point of impact. As of right now, the chances that it will do just that are 1 in 2,600; these numbers get refined as time goes on and the potential event gets closer...It is, after all, what caused dinosaurs to go extinct, and the cosmic shooting gallery that we live in hasn't gone away.

Deflection plans or use of the gravitational pull of launched satellites would have little to no effect with a behemoth of this size. But a nuclear warhead detonation might rain radioactive debris on the Earth. Scientists are hopeful that a new and better solution may be developed in the next 100 years. A previous Slashdot story posted by BeauHD two years ago detailed a NASA probe sent to rendezvous with Bennu in August of 2018 to scan the asteroid and take samples.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 990 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1803.20 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: