Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #997 - Norm Cash Day 1971 - Throwback Thursday for 1803.29 - Welcome Back, Baseball

Stormin' Norman Cash Day 1971 - Tigers Stadium
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #997 - Norm Cash Day 1971 - Throwback Thursday for 1803.29 - Welcome Back, Baseball

Hi Mom,

You know it. I have never made a secret of it. I love Baseball.

Baseball has probably serenaded as much of my life as music.

Here's a real throwback photo of me about to head into the old Tigers Stadium ball park on the corner of Michigan and Trumbull on Norm Cash Day in 1971.

Looks like Dad got an action shot of someone hitting in that 1971 game.

I have included some photos of Stormin' Norman following some vintage photos of the game and ceremony and a back yard Baseball game at our Hazelwood house around the same time period. There's no way I can identify all those kids anymore, though I believe I am standing just past the batter in the long pants with what looks to be a young girl, though not my sister, in front of me.

I am still in catch up mode, so I am keeping this short.

However, I will mention that though my Cubs (second of my two favorite teams) won today, the Tigers were rained out. I am actually writing this tomorrow, Friday March 30, and the Tigers opening day is being played. Of course, the first opening day on the first day of the season -- as opposed to opening on the road -- that the Tigers have had in years comes in my first year no longer as a Michigan resident. AND then, it's rained out, so I am glad I was not at the ball park already to learn that gem of news. Looks like the Tigers cancelled the game early in the morning if not the night before.

As I write this post, the next day, as I said, the Tigers are tied 10-10 in the 10th inning.

But I am going to publish before I am able to report if they win or lose, though I may come back and edit with putting the results here.

AND THEY WIN!! As I am posting this entry to social media sites, the Tigers pull out an 11-10 win in the 10th on a walk off single by Jacoby Jones.

Oh no... wait, there's an instant replay review being called for... please be safe. PLEASE BE SAFE.

Oh no, the review called him out. Damn. The game is not over.






https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2015/12/17/norm-cash-always-had-fun-playing-baseball-for-the-tigers/

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cashno01.shtml


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norm_Cash








+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 999 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1803.29 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: