Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, April 19, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2253 - "Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups - Musical Monday for 2104.18


A Sense of Doubt blog post #2253 - "Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups - Musical Monday for 2104.18


I love this song, but I never fully understood the lyrics, which are amazing now that I read them.

So, today, just this.

But I will mention that this song is in my second school mix for the first day of class.


This is also a great video.


Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye



Silversun Pickups
84.2K subscribers
"Lazy Eye" 

 

"Lazy Eye" 
Lyrics
by Silversun Pickups


I've been waiting
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
But it's not quite right

And this 'real'
It's impossible if possible
At whose blind word
So clear but so unheard

I've been waiting
I've been waiting for this silence all night long
It's just a matter of time

To appear sad
With the same old decent lazy eye
Fixed to rest on you
Aim free but so untrue

Everyone's so intimately rearranged
Everyone's so focused clearly with such shine

Everyone's so intimately prearranged
Everyone's so focused clearly with such shine

Locked and loaded
Still the same old decent lazy eye
Fixed through your gaze
That's why I said I relate
I said we relate
It's so fun to relate

It's the room the sun and the sky
The room the sun and the sky

I've been waiting
I've been waiting for this moment




https://sarqasim.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/lazy-eye/



Lazy Eye

I’ve been waiting
I’ve been waiting for this moment all my life
But it’s not quite right

Why did it take me, like 10 years to not know this band, SilverSun PickUps

Silversun Pickups - Lazy EyeSilverSun PickUps – Lazy Eye (2007)

Update: WordPress statistics tell me, that this blog post got almost 7,000 views since I posted it on 30th September 2014, making it my website’s most popular blog post. Apparently 90% of the traffic came from some silly Reddit feed about GTA V video game. So if you’ve stumbled upon this blog post cause some fool linked it on Reddit, stating that some useless female character in the game looks like, Sara Grace Powell (the girl above), then I hope you feel like you’ve accomplished a lot in your life (December 2015).




"Lazy Eye" is the third single from Silversun Pickups' debut album Carnavas, written by lead singer and guitarist Brian Aubert. The band performed the song on the Late Show with David LettermanThe Tonight Show with Jay LenoLater With Jools Holland, and Last Call with Carson Daly. The song is a playable track on Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour.

An alternate version of the song, with a length of 7:27, was played on XMU before the shorter version was played on FM and other XM channels. This version was featured on their demo CD (which featured early versions of four tracks).


Music video[edit]

The music video for "Lazy Eye" was directed by Suzie Vlcek and produced by Eric Morgan. Former band member, Kennedy, makes a cameo appearance in the video as a bartender and the band's original drummer, Elvira Gonzalez, makes a cameo appearance as a box office/door attendant.

The video received extensive airplay on MTVMTV2MTVUVH1FuseMuchMusicMTV (Latin America)International Music Feed and many other international broadcast outlets. The popularity of the video led to the creation of a VH1 "Pop-Up Video" version.[1] The "Lazy Eye" music video was among the MTV2 Subterranean "Viewers Top 20 Music Videos of 2007" list.[2]

Personnel[edit]

  • Director: Suzie Vlcek[3]
  • Producer: Eric Morgan[4]
  • Cinematographer: Joe Pugliese[5]
  • Editor: Jonathan Alberts[6]
  • Cast: Sara Grace Powell,[7] Hank May,[8] Filippo Almonde[9]
  • Cameos: Kennedy,[10] Elvira Gonzalez[11]

In popular culture[edit]

The song was featured in the television series The O.C.Criminal Minds, and Reaper, the 2008 film Prom Night, a promo for Major League Baseball's 2008 All-Star Game, a video package at the end of FOX's coverage of the 2008 World Series, a video package for CBC's 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs, a 2012 New Zealand New World Supermarket advertising campaign and the video games Rock Band 2Guitar Hero: World Tour, and Forza Horizon.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2104.19 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2117 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

1 comment:

Brasileiro said...

send the reddit link of the character that the guy thought looked like this girl