A Sense of Doubt blog post #4217 - Letter to Dad #51 - Pressure Washing on Your Day and Puppies
Hey Big Guy,
I am actually writing this post two days late because of work. I have started my counseling practicum and am driving to Salem, OR twice a week. First week in the books, and it went really well. Not doing individual sessions yet and still learning the ropes. But I liked the people and the experiences I had this week. I am going to learn A LOT and already have been learning a lot. Challenging population, people experiencing substance use disorder.
I had my first faculty supervision class, two hours, Wednesday mornings. I like my instructor a lot, and my classmates are a very diverse group, which I love!
The week wasn't all that exhausting although I did a lot. However, I am kind of exhausted. Maybe changing my sleep schedule to get up an hour earlier has something to do with it.
I did get some writing done this week, though not as much the previous weeks.
Lots of rain so no porch time, but now, two days later, I hope to get some porch time.
I miss you, Big Guy.
I did get some writing done this week, though not as much the previous weeks.
Lots of rain so no porch time, but now, two days later, I hope to get some porch time.
I miss you, Big Guy.
I channeled you as I did pressure washing, more on that below as I curate a series of photos.
ABOVE: Satchel on August 25th on the floor near the kitchen.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I like to take pictures when the puppies spend time together. Essel loves her sisters, but she especially loves her sister Ellory as shown above from August 25th.
Because Satchel has congestive heart failure, she should not walk up hills or stairs. I cannot always stop her in time to carry her up the stairs in our home, especially when I am not home.
I can stop her from going up hills. So we are back to using the stroller we bought after her second knee surgery. I walk her down the hill and then push her back up. She always tries to walk up the hill, but once I force her to turn around, she often jumps into the stroller before I can help her.
It's not as if she DOES NOT like her ride. She likes it. Pictures of her in the stroller follow.
All taken August 28th.
Here's that picture again that I made the topper image. I really like it.
Here's the very clean driveway I washed after the back patio. Both were filthy. My friend's pressure washer also blasted weeds that were growing through the drain grate midway. The driveway is now cleaner than my car. August 28th.
Here's the pressure washer and some of the patio in its filthy condition.
I used a lot of water, but here I still had to go close over all the cement.
The nozzle oscillates the water, and I was warned to take care as it could cut my foot or shred 2x4.
FINISHED! SO CLEAN. AUGUST 28TH.
Different angle on these puppies, August 25th.
Thanks for tuning in.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2609.03 - 13:40
Letters to Dad will now be published at 13:40 if I can remember.
- Days ago: MOM = 4081 days ago & DAD = 735 days ago
- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I post Hey Mom blog entries on special occasions. I post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day, and now I have a second count for Days since my Dad died on August 28, 2024. I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of Mom's death, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of her death and sometimes 13:40 EDT for the time of Dad's death. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.
- Days ago: MOM = 4081 days ago & DAD = 735 days ago
- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I post Hey Mom blog entries on special occasions. I post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day, and now I have a second count for Days since my Dad died on August 28, 2024. I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of Mom's death, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of her death and sometimes 13:40 EDT for the time of Dad's death. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment