Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #153 - Warren Ellis & new year's resolutions

Unnamed image from Orbital Operations by Warren Ellis - 1512.06
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #153 - Warren Ellis & new year's resolutions

Hi Mom, Except when he is suffering from the "Terrible Flu Gone Wrong" or a "Miscellaneous Neurological Event, " every Sunday Warren Ellis sends us, his dear readers, his weekly newsletter, in which he writes about pretty much whatever he wants, though mostly his work and his working life, but also interesting thoughts that occur to him that may be of interest to the people who at some point subscribed to his weekly think-aloud. I look forward to it each week and enjoy it immensely as I have enjoyed all things Warren for almost ten years now, which includes an occasional podcast of haunting music (Spektrmodule - see links at the bottom of this post), comic books, novels, essays, opinions about whisky (mostly scotch), and assorted other items.

I like the news letter timing, also, as he sends it late in the day on Thames Delta time (where he is stationed in his sea fort and central command post), which usually ensures that it's in my in box by bed time.

Here is the header to verify that I indeed subscribe and to verify the name of his iconclastic missive, and then the snippet that I wanted to share with you, Mom.

 I like this advice.  It reminded me of you, Mom, and of making things a little bit better for myself as I miss you, step by step, year by year.

"It's all incremental. 

"Lots of small victories is better than one big one."

Thank, Warren.

Here's some links of my favorite stuff on Warren that I have written, but fear not, dear reader, and brace yourself, Mom, as I am going to re-publish the best piece soon when I am need of a quick content day.

WEEKLY COMICS 1408.20 - SUPREME BLUE ROSE

T-SHIRT #299 - GRENDEL AND THE BROKEN PHONE

T-SHIRT #75 - SPEKTRMODULE

T-SHIRT #284 - DOCTOR WHISKY

T-SHIRT #22 - I MISS FREAKANGELS

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 155 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1512.07 - 19:31

No comments: