Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #183 - 366 Days with J. Jonah Jameson

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #183 - 366 Days with J. Jonah Jameson

SUBTITLE: Day 1: Every day means the turn of a page / Yesterday’s papers are such bad news
-"Yesterday's Papers" - The Rolling Stones

Hi Mom, And we're back to comics. A bit of a cheat today as I am just going to repost the first day of this Massachusetts based blogger's blog and a few of the recent, great, throwback pages of the great, iconic J. Jonah Lameson.... oops, that's a funny typo!! I mean, J. Jonah Jameson.

I am not sure how I found this guy's blog

BULLY SAYS COMICS OUGHTA BE FUN!

But I did find it, and I have subscribed as a follower. I have the new blog entries appear on my own Blogger overview page, which then lists me as an official follower.

I thought I had written about Bully Says before (BTW, Bully is a stuffed bull) on this blog, but it was another comic book blog I found that I featured in
COMICS FOR 1408.27, in which I shared one of my favourite comics GIANT SIZE DEFENDERS #3. One can obtain the entire issue at that link.

Anyway, I was captivated by Bully's post as he begins a year of the inimitable J. Jonah Jameson. Do you know who else described himself as "inimitable"? Charles Dickens.

Anyway (again), I was inspired to share the launch post for 366 days of J. Jonah Jameson, when I realized that 2016 will provide us with 366 days, meaning that given that I also h ave to post on February 29th, my blog is REALLY 366 days, which gives us a midway point of today without a fraction.

I hope that if BitterAndrew or Bully stumble upon my re-posting of his Jameson daily that I will be forgiven as I am giving due credit and links back to BullysComics and specifically the first JJJ post of 2016: HERE.


FRIDAY, JANUARY 01, 2016


366 Days with J. Jonah Jameson, Day 1: Every day means the turn of a page / Yesterday’s papers are such bad news

Welcome to brand-spankin'-new 2016, and a fresh-off-the-press366 Days with...! Yes, it's the year that gives you an extra year bonus, almost as if it knew we were a little strapped for dimes even tho' we'd been saving them up to buy that Giant-Size Foggy Nelson #4 back issue we've had our beady little black button eyes on.

This year, all year: 366 Days with J. Jonah Jameson! (Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.) Yes, one of Marvel's most dynamic and entertaining supporting characters — he's been around since the very early days of the Marvel Age, appearing in Spider-Man's second appearance and bedeviling our web-slinging pal (and his amazing friends) for years and years! Yes, J. Jonah Jameson, your friendly neighborhood newspaper editor-in-chief (and occasional Hizzoner of New York City) with the flattop and the Hitler 'stache! i honestly believe that there is no other supporting character who has made as many appearances in Marvel comics, so if this really gets rolling, we may be running into 2017 and beyond with no end in sight. Plus: looks like we'll get lots of appearances along the way by Daily Bugle stalwarts Robbie Robertson, Betty Brant, Glory Grant, the occasional Earth-7840 J. Jonah Jackass, and plenty of examples of that ever-popular trope, Newspapers Don't Look Like That!

Let's kick off a year and a day hangin' with Mister J. by recapping his very first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man #1. The one, the only, the original...J. Jonah Jameson!





Panels from Amazing Spider-Man (1963 series) #1 (March 1963), script by Stan Lee, pencils and inks by Steve Ditko, colors by Stan Goldberg, letters by Jon D'Agostino

Special clip-n-save New Year's Day bonus panel: a Spider-Man wanted poster! Make dozens of copies and pin 'em to your friendly neighborhood telephone poles! Who knows — you might be the one to bring in the dangerous threat and/or menace!


Tomorrow: more JJJ! (repeat 365 times) 

Some other recent JJJ posts follow.

Panels from Amazing Spider-Man (1963 series) #142 (March 1975), script by Gerry Conway, pencils by Ross Andru, inks by Frank Giacoia and Dave Hunt, colors by Linda Lessmann, letters by Joe Rosen

Panel from X-Factor #219 (July 2011), script by Peter David, pencils by Emanuela Lupacchino, inks by Guillermo Ortego, colors by Matt Milla, letters by Joe Sabino

Panels from Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #2 (January 1977), script by Gerry Conway, breakdowns by Sal Buscema, finishes by Mike Esposito, background inks by Dave Hunt, colors by Don Warfield, letters by Gaspar Irving Watanabe

Panels from Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #2 (January 1977), script by Gerry Conway, breakdowns by Sal Buscema, finishes by Mike Esposito, background inks by Dave Hunt, colors by Don Warfield, letters by Gaspar Irving Watanabe

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 185 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1601.06 - 10:10

No comments: