Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #186 - Christmas Tree Ornaments


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #186 - Christmas Tree Ornaments

Hi Mom,

Before time slides too far away from Christmas, I want to share this post about Christmas tree ornaments.

You loved Christmas, Mom. Definitely, it was your favorite holiday.

If my count is right, for 24 years, you gave me a Christmas tree ornament as a Christmas gift. Below I have pictures of these ornaments and to the left a Christmas tree from the Richland woods house circa 2010.




Up top, there's a collection of photos from a Christmas newsletter right before you were struck down with the meningitis, Mom.

Liesel took down the Christmas tree a week ago, but I took care of the ornaments earlier this week, and I photographed them. I think you knew, Mom, that the ornaments would be keepsakes and would be VERY special to me later in life, as they are now. I did several shots here, so that all the ornaments could be well seen. I should go get a separate shot of the ornament made from glass from the lava from Mt. St. Helens. You were proud of that ornament.

Though you had me choose each year, and as you can see I chose from my favorite things -- superheroes, Baseball, K-College, Pooh, and Snoopy, I think your favorites -- aside from the glass eye -- were the three at the bottom: the pewter K-College, the pewter Pooh, and the yarn red-headed woodpecker, the last one being the first ornament you gave me.

Thanks, Mom.

You impacted my life in so many wonderful ways. I treasure these things because they remind me of just how much you love me.








Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 188 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1601.09 - 8:16

No comments: