Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #187 - David Bowie Dies 1601.10 at age of 69




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #187 - David Bowie Dies 1601.10 at age of 69

Hi Mom,

David Bowie died today, January 10th (1601.10).

I cannot believe it. I just wrote a long love letter to him on Friday, here:

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #185 - Happy Birthday David Bowie

I am stunned. I am in shock. That said, though sad, I am not sadder about David Bowie's passing than yours, Mom. I mean, I would not want anyone to wonder if I love David Bowie more than I love my mother. :-) I doubt anyone would think such a thing, but just in case...

This one is mostly links, and it may grow. But I was already a day behind because I played D&D yesterday when David Bowie was dying.

I am going to send this post back in time, but it may grow or I may make other posts, but I must get to work now.

I have the the Twitter feed tuned to #DavidBowie. I was watching for Moby, who loves Bowie as much as I do, to weigh in with a comment. But so far only silence.

I respect the privacy of this great artist as he kept his long cancer battle from the tabloids, protected himself and his family from the paparazzi, and produced a final swan song that characterizes him as Prospero (in "Blackstar") and Lazarus (in "Lazarus").


At the end of The Tempest, Prospero intends to drown his book and renounce magic. In the view of the audience, this may have been required to make the ending unambiguously happy, as magic smacked too much of diabolical works; he will drown his books for the same reason that Doctor Faust, in an earlier play by Christopher Marlowe, promised in vain to burn his books. In it, Prospero states his loss (magic) and his continuing imprisonment if the audience is not pleased. Many feel that since The Tempest was the last play that Shakespeare wrote alone, Prospero's feelings echo Shakespeare's own, or perhaps may even have been his "retirement speech" (Wiki/Prospero).



PROSPERO'S FINAL SOLILOQUY:
         Now my charms are all o'erthrown,
          And what strength I have's mine own,
          Which is most faint: now, 'tis true,
          I must be here confined by you,
          Or sent to Naples. Let me not,
          Since I have my dukedom got
          And pardon'd the deceiver, dwell
          In this bare island by your spell;
          But release me from my bands
          With the help of your good hands:          
          Gentle breath of yours my sails
          Must fill, or else my project fails,
          Which was to please. Now I want
          Spirits to enforce, art to enchant,
          And my ending is despair,
          Unless I be relieved by prayer,
          Which pierces so that it assaults
          Mercy itself and frees all faults.
          As you from crimes would pardon'd be,
          Let your indulgence set me free.

FROM SAM CAMPOS:



FROM BOWIE'S OFFICIAL SITE:

FROM BOWIE'S SON:


FROM me:



THE GUARDIAN: Was David Bowie saying goodbye on Blackstar?

David Bowie dead at 69 - ROLLING STONE

DAILY MIRROR: Superstar David Bowie dies aged 69 following courageous 18-month battle with cancer

HUFFINGTON POST: Legendary Singer David Bowie Dead At 69
"Blackstar," his 25th studio album, was released this month.




FROM Brian eno:



How David Bowie told us he was dying in the 'Lazarus' video

"His death was no different from his life - a work of Art," explained Bowie's producer Tony Visconti, in tribute. "He made 'Blackstar' for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it." Creative to the very end, the 'Lazarus' video is a heartbreakingly sad way to bid farewell, but a more than appropriate one. 


"Baby Grace - a Horrid Cassette" lyrics - OUTSIDE (1995)

ROLLING STONE: The Inside Story on David Bowie's Stunning New Album Blackstar.

David Bowie on death: 'What do I do with the time I've got left?'

David Bowie's secret cancer battle: Last picture shows rocker looking gaunt but well



Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 189 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1601.10 - 10:10

No comments: