Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Daily Bowie #8 - "Yassassin"


The Daily Bowie #8 - "Yassassin"

Hi all,

Image above taken from HOW BOWIE USHERED IN THE 1980S ON SNL. More on that subject another time.

"Yassassin" is Turkish for "long live."

I had this song stuck in my head all day.

This is the first Daily Bowie I am sending back in time. I was actually asleep at the posted time.

When I was in my Sophomore year of college, I was listening to  A LOT of Bowie. I had just bought Lodger, and I was pleased with myself as it was hardly a popular album but it was one more notch in my then growing but incomplete Bowie collection.

I had to write a paper about Moby Dick for my American Literature class, but I was very into Bowie and spent a lot of time writing an essay about Bowie, mostly about Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) that I entitled "Yassassin"

My professor, Dr. Herb Bogart, one of my all time favorite teachers, wrote that my essay started with "a Bowie bang but ended with a Pip whimper."

"I walk without a sound."


"Yassassin" from LODGER - 1979


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1601.28 - 9:00

No comments: