Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #304 - Mother's Day Trilogy Part One

Mom at Church 03-07-75
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #304 - Mother's Day Trilogy Part One

Hi Mom,

I keep falling behind. Please do not take this as commentary on you and how important to me you are. Days are just packed, as reads on book of Calvin and Hobbes cartoons.

So, it's Sunday May 8th, Mother's Day, as I type. And I am throwing out my plans for more content packed entries to focus on pictures of you, Mom, and only a bit of text in a trilogy of posts leading up to Mother's Day (Friday-Saturday-Sunday).

I have been dreading Mother's Day. Liesel has identified that she often has a hard time on Mother's Day, though this year, she is all right (so far).

As the day drew closer and closer, I knew I would have a difficult time with it. So, so good, I write from the future,

I was just going to get my phone and reached it just as the alarm went off that I have set to the time of your death to remind me every day of what is, to date, the greatest loss I have experienced and yet, also, one of my greatest loves.

You are so beautiful, Mom.

This is a good picture of you. It's how I often think of you. Lori got your gene for smiling, and I didn't.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 306 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1605.06 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: